“Waste of Money”

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Waste of Money”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I fish on charter boats at least once a month. Luckily I have a lot of experience with this type of fishing or I would never go on one again. Worst trip of my life. The mates were constantly running you over, they were not organized, the bait must have been from a dumpster it was so rotten, and the locations they "fish" must be the worst numbers ever on a boat. I've had better luck fishing from a dock with a string and a piece of bread. The advertisement reads the catch averages 200# which leads you to believe they catch a lot of fish. Then you realize that is 200# divided between 60+ people which means the average person catches SQUAT. I'm a seasoned fisherman and only caught 1 small fish so I can only imagine the people with little experience. They will probably never fish again. All I can say is they are not representative of the fishing in Florida and they give the other charters a bad name.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Juan M

Melrose, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Expensive boat ride with no fish”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We went on the recent Moon Mango Madness fishing trip that is a 10 hour night trip. The first people allowed on the boat are the crew members who hang towels at all the best fishing spots on the boat. This leaves only available spots in the less desirable locations for the paying customers. Later we were given rotten baits to attempt to catch fish that require the freshest baits if not live.
The entire trip was both a waste of time and money. I would recommend other fishing boats with good reputations or surf fishing. There are no photos to share since no fish were caught.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jack F
Flagler Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Two thumbs up”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Great experience. The crew members were sexy, and the fishing was even hotter. Caught a ton of fish, and including a huge grouper! Your not going to find a better, more friendly and helpful Captain and Mates anywhere else in the Ponce Inlet/ New Smyrna area.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank HMW34221
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Its ok.”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Pros: caught a few small fish, crew were helpful, multiple locations.
Cons: left late (waited for a party who were lost) and was told we would get the same amount of time still but we didn't, the fish were small, overcrowded (we were literally on top of one another), Had a party that arrived later that were let on the boat before us, so we didn't get the place we really wanted on the boat (the back, because more fish are caught there). Told to be there 6:15 boat wasn't even ready. Had to wait to be fueled and stocked.
Value: so-so. I would probably look somewhere else
Overall: I am not sure if I would recommend this company. If you do decide to go, take a old rag, sea sick meds (if you need it others did, many got sick), enormous amount of patience, and realize it will be be crowded.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank kyspiderguy
Oralndo, FL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Frustrated”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This company placed a voucher for a whole day fishing trip through Groupon which I purchased as a Christmas 2012 present for my husband. My husband has attempted several times to schedule the day trip only to receive continual reasons why he could not book a day. He would call and find out there was availability on the boat until he advised them of the discount voucher I purchased, then all of the sudden those dates were no longer available to him. He was finally advised in mid-March 2013 not to call the establishment again but book through Groupon website, where he discovered all possible fishing dates were listed as no longer available through the end of the year. Really??? It is bad business, misleading and dishonest to have folks purchase their advertised discounted vouchers when they make no effort to honor them. It appears this crew intends only to make room on the boat and book full fare customers.

Visited March 2013