“Don't necessarily believe all that you read”
Review of Worplesdon Place

Worplesdon Place
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Worplesdon
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Styed here for 1 night, and absolutely loved it. The staff in both the hotel and restaurant are extremely friendly and helpful, as you would expect from a Premier Inn. I note that other guests have commented in ealier reviews that the decor looks a little tired. I found absolutely no evidence of this either in my room or the public areas of the hotel or adjoining Beefeater Grill restaurant. All areas are clean and well cared for.
My 2 suggestions would be as follows:

1) Move the television down from its lofty position so it is easier for all to see.

2) Erect shelters outside the hotel and/or Beefeater Grill so that when guests are waiting fo taxis and it's raining, they remain as dry as possible.

For the benefit of hotel management who may wish to reply to this at a later date, I have been reviewing room 1.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is not like a 'normal' premier inn, but i don't see that as a negative. As in all of these reviews the main issue with this hotel is upkeep of the building. I believe Premier Inn need to invest in this site. However this would not stop me staying here again. The staff were fantastic i would even go as far to say the friendliest i have come across. All team members i came across were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for me. The mangeress, Lauren, helped me with my bookings and went out of her way to ensure we had everything we needed. My room, along with the other people from my parties rooms, were spotlessly clean which is a must! Brilliant stay, thank you. Layla who served us breakfast was fantasic and Craig from the restaurant was also.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask the staff anything, especially reception, they bend over backwards for yo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This was my second visit to the Premier Inn at Worplesdon. The hotel is very well situated 10 minutes north of the A3 on the Guildford Bagshot road. Easily found, with bags of parking, the hotel shares the same building as a Beefeater restaurant and pub. I had a warm welcome at 9.30 on a wet Sunday evening, got a light supper in the restaurant (last orders 10 PM) & found that my bag had been taken up to my room whilst I ate. The stairs to the bedrooms would be a bit daunting for the infirm and I do not recall seeing a lift. The food was good value as ever with Premier Inns but not as good as I remembered it on my first visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed on the 25th may 12
My room was room 12
And all I could say was wow when I walked into the room my room was fantastic !!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Nattytanner
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We had previously stayed at this hotel about 10 years ago before it was a Premier Inn and were expecting it to have had a major refurb and update since then. However, although clearly some updating has taken place, it looks like it was done on the cheap and was certainly not major. Having said that the room we had was large, clean and quiet and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good and plentiful though not included in the room price. This hotel is an old building set in beautiful grounds with a small lake, it is practically next door to Worplesden Church and very handy if you are attending a wedding there. It also gives easy acccess to Pirbright and Aldershot as well as Guildford. So come on Premier Inns give this place the makeover it deserves and include some TLC.

Room Tip: Be aware there is no lift (elevator) so if you find stairs a problem ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelly L, Social Media at Worplesdon Place, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed for one night and the staff where very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean plus kettle and complimentary tea and coffee ( such a nice touch ) Great Breakfast what more can you ask for. Thank You .

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Had one night here, good price, good food in the pub and good service from the staff. Great location for Pirbright. Would use again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worplesdon
Asperion Hillside Hotel
Asperion
Asperion
#1 of 11 in Guildford
Mandolay Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Worplesdon Place? Share your experiences!