“Thoroughly recommended thai experience”
Review of White Lyon and Dragon - CLOSED

White Lyon and Dragon
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We went out for Sunday dinner last weekend to the Whyte Lion and Dragon and had a lovely occasion. The greeting on arrival was warm, the decor and seating is pleasant and tasteful.
The waitress was very helpful in explaining the options - they have lots of set meals (with a fair nod to Chinese cooking on them too so it could be a good introduction to thai food if you're keen on Chinese) and on the day they had a buy one get one free on starters and mains (think this is a sunday thing) - well between 5 of us we had 2 set meals and 2 starters and 2 mains and the food just kept on coming. We had mixed starters - prawn toast, satay chicken, ribs and duck and pancakes)dim sum too - the mains included red snapper (gorgeous) , Chicken in lemongrass a red curry and we also had the mussaman curry and veg. Nothing was left but that is because we were all loving it. Everything was well cooked and more importantly turned up at the same time - a real feat considering the amount of dishes we had. As it's a pub too (although only a small side is really pub now) the drinks are at pub prices and they have a good selection. It was one of the nicest sunday dinners we've had out for a long time -we'll definitely be going back and wouldn't hesitate to take guests there. thanks

1  Thank James M
Thomas H, Manager at White Lyon and Dragon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

I'm pleased that you got the chance to enjoy our Sunday BOGOF offer, and the red snapper is a great choice - one of my favourites too! Whenever you are passing by, please do come in for a quick drink or a snack, the pub is all part of the same business and we offer the food throughout. we also have a wonderful Patio and garden to enjoy in the summer months!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We popped in for a pint and lunch while staying down the road at the Asperion Hillside B & B. Sam greeted us from behind the bar with a smile and the service was fantastic, he walked us through the menu, we had great Thai food and some great local cask ales. Quick, good and relaxing.

1  Thank ESU1988

Hi there - it's great that you guys had such a wonderful time! I had to print this and show Sam which has made him very proud! if you are ever in Worplesdon again please drop by!!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Used this venue for my daughters 1st birthday/naming ceremony on January 18th 2014. Told Thom the manager what my budget was and the sort of food I wanted. We had around 50 guests s they closed the whole restaurant for us which was nice. Thom kept checking to see that we ok and if we needed anything. The food was plentiful and kept coming and nothing was kept out more than 2 hours. What hard working staff! Everyone commented on what a lovely time they had and couldn't believe the quality of the food. The only downside and it's not a major one considering how many babies there were was that there weren't enough high chairs. Thom did mention this when we booked and said he'd see if eh could get more, but we were prepared and informed our guests.I'd like to thank Thom and his team for making our daughters birthday so special and for all the hard work. Well definitely be returning as it's very local to us.

1  Thank april2774
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Having always had to go to Guildford for a Thai meal I was delighted to be invited to dinner here by my oldest best friend. We chose to eat in the bar and were greeted by a smiley friendly bar man. The bar menu had so much choice and when the food came it was hot and very, very tasty with lovely fresh ingredients and excellent sized portions. I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed the food. The service was quick, v polite and v friendly and welcoming. Great news that they do takeaway and I am looking forward to trying the main restaurant. It was nice and busy and I think people haven't been sharing their experience as they want to keep this great find a secret. I am only annoyed that I have driven passed it so many times and didn't know the delights it was hiding. Excellent!

1  Thank Suze051
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I love Thai food and have travelled to Thailand many times. I think the food they serve at White Lyon and Dragon is authentic, and the quality is commensurate with the price they charge. I also like the décor and atmosphere of the restaurant. It's a place where you can enjoy a quiet meal. Wannee, the Thai hostess, is always friendly. So I think I'd go back!

1  Thank Miss_Yellow25