“recommended”

Asperion Hillside Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worplesdon
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Lovely garden, happy, friendly and helpful staff with good knowledge of the area. The rooms are comfortable. Ask for one on the garden side. I did not eat there but the kitchen and dining room were very presentable

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the garden side
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have been staying here at the Hillside for over 7 years. The team are amazing they always make my stays so welcoming & just easy. Dagne the new manager is very pleasant and attentive. Owen the chef onsite is so accomodating - even though i always ask for something never on the menu :). I have never had a meal Ive not throughly enjoyed. Tara is wonderful & nothing is ever too much trouble. I choose to stay at this hotel because of the people & the warm atmosphere they provide. A***** vs any hotel chain in the area. Thank you to the whole team :)... See you next week as usual

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Booked last minute as my usual choice of stay was fully booked. I'm so glad they were as I have now found my future hotel all future visits to this area. Great welcome, supremely helpful staff, clean, comfortable rooms and the food was tremendous. Such a nice change from the usual. Thank you.

Room Tip: Rear rooms would be quieter but didn't bother me
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely weekend break here at the end of July. The hotel is about a ten minute drive from the centre of Guildford.
Stayed in the 4 poster room which was super. Very clean and an extremely comfortable bed.
We had breakfast the next day which was wonderful. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
There is a lovely garden at the back of the hotel where we sat and read the papers after breakfast.
A really great stay. We would certainly recommend the hotel to others.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBT07
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Booked this hotel as we were down moving our son to a new flat in Chessington and decided to have a few days in the area. We booked blind but appear to have made a great choice. We were looking for something cheaper but since we left booking very late had to take the four poster room 15 it was a real hardship ;-) a The room was great, clean and well presented as was the bathroom. The food at breakfast is great and we ate in the restaurant one night and it was fantastic! The steak is terrific and well worth the price!

The honesty bar works well and it was great to come back in the evening and grab a beer. The garden is lovely and a great place to sit and have a drink. We will certainly look at staying here again in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at Hillside Hotel for three nights and hosted our son's Baptism party at this venue and I can not thank the team enough for a completely faultless service.

The things I should point out are:
1) We live in Dubai
2) We arrived only a day or so before the baptism.
3) We had over 50 people attending.
4) We have a 6 year old and a 1 year old baby.
5) The whole thing was booked blind.

It started with a warm welcome in the pouring rain and were shown to a lovely large room with a Cot and "put you up" bed for my daughter. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was stunning. Throughout the hotel, the spaces are very clean with a modern but comfortable decor. The garden is beautiful and the staff saved the fish food for my daughter to feed the fish every morning. With the "honesty bar" concept in the lounge there is strong "Home from home" feeling which meant my daughter felt comfortable staying in her room on her own at bed time as she new we weren't far. This was replicated with the lovely calm nature of the Managers and their team.

The event itself was perfect, by the time I had returned from the service the downstairs had been transformed. The food was simply gorgeous (sticky toffee pudding to die for).
I had mentioned in passing that had I had more time, I would have go some blue christening balloons for the baby but this was late the night before and their was no way. When I came back from the service, there they were, looking amazing. These guys continued to go out of their way for us to make our stay really memorable.

Organizing this event with Tara was unbelievably easy, I think we had it all organised in two emails. If I am honest, I was concerned that it had all been too easy as that tends to mean something isn't right.. I need not of worried, these guys had it sorted.

During our trips to the UK, it usually means a lot of hotels and moving around and we mix it up with travel lodges and posh 5 star. If you ask any member of our family, we would all choose this guest house over them all as it felt so happy & homely. We will definitely be staying again.

Thanks to all at Hillside

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lils1977
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel with a warm and helpful welcome at reception.

The breakfast and service were very good. They obviously put thought and attention into ordering quality food and organic products. The coffee was real coffee and the food served fresh and hot. We sat on the terrace after breakfast on a sunny morning in the pretty and picturesque garden. Lovely.

I think it is lovely that customers have access to the bar and are trusted to record what they have drunk. A definite homely feeling.

We stayed in room 4 and were disappointed with the room. Although it was clean, the bathroom and shower spotless, the bed was comfortable and the pillows lovely. However it was simply too small for 2 people. I think it was initially intended for one and perhaps would be better as such. I believe we were perhaps put in there as they were busy. It was a double bed but there was only one complimentary chocolate left and one bath and hand towel. There only surface was the top on the one set of bedside drawers where the tea and coffee tray is. There was no table or dressing table or even a chair. This was particularly inconvenient when getting ready for the wedding we had come for. We had to put the ironing board up to avoid getting ready from the floor. Equally there were no surfaces in the bathroom except a head height windowsill. When the cleaners were doing other double rooms we did look in and they appeared to be bigger and all appeared to have a king size bed. I assume the room rate was the same?

We would return when we are next in Guildford, the food and service were great, but would certainly request a different room.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jamesholden186411
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worplesdon
Asperion
#2 of 2 in Worplesdon
Barnett Hill Hotel
Barnett Hill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wonersh

Been to Asperion Hillside Hotel? Share your experiences!