Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hilton East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,044 results
All reviewsseparate toiletoutdoor poolthe sofa bedeast midlands airportovernight stopwould stay againbudget hotelself servicereception staffwalk in showerbeansbuffet breakfastfamily roomcar parkcomfortable roomgood nights sleepstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Until 2009 I used to stay at this hotel on an almost monthly basis for a number of years. I had an idea of what to expect. Certainly the welcome at reception had improved and I was impressed to be called by phone to ask if everything was alright with the room.

I had room service which was fine except that it came without any sauce or condiments. I was not impressed with being asked "how are you going to pay for this" question after the order, on saying charged to the room I was asked "do you have an account?". It would be more appropriate to ask if am charging to the room or paying cash. When the former is selected it should be up to the operative to check that an account exists.

The room was as before but it was good to see the old scratched sink units had been replaced.

Breakfast was fine and it was good to see that there were a couple of staff members on duty rather than one in previous visits. Quality had improved.

Overall a good experience

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear Southdown_Man,

I very much appreciate all your thoughts. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and noticed some improvements in the service and hotel since your last stay. We ask our guests how they would like to pay so as not to limit the choice available, but as you mentioned, it is the team member's responsibility to know if an account is open. I have noted all your comments and will look into them personally. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Who? I guess that may be one in four Brits would remember her. May be less. As the lead actress in the 1970s ITV soap 'Crossroads' (good viewing figures), she ran the eponymous motel. So what? Well, this Novotel is so 1970s and, yet, I did not mind. It's a long time since I stayed in a hotel that had a toilet in a separate room to the bath/shower/basin but it does not matter. After all, it's a convention that we have become accustomed to.

What the TV style gurus would make of the bedrooms I do wonder. The key points are: proximity to the M1, pleasant staff, acceptable rooms. On the downside: if there is a noisy neighbour close by, you will hear him or her. The only real disappointment was breakfast and that was at 8 a.m. on a Sunday, not 10 a.m. when it's conceivable that some items would not be available. For me, scrambled egg was out of stock and the other 'displays' really needed attention. I overheard several guests stating that it was taking to long to toast using the machine available. Given that it's the same hotel group, raising this breakfast to the Mercure standard would be a real winner.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear plymouth,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am please to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands Hotel, and that it brought back memories for you. Very dissapointed to hear that breakfast was not up to expectation and I apologise for this. We had an unusual early breakfast rush from a large group that morning, but this has now been addressed for the future.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I went to the Novotel for a wedding and even though we all knew it was a nudget wedding and theyd had the cheapest package u could not tell from the care adn dedication from the staff to make it the best wedding ever!

The food was lovely, plates and cutlery and chair covers in the diining hall were beautiful and best of all was the full english in the morning. DELICIOUS!

Yes the drinks were expensive but thats wat u get at a hotel.

Mt room was very cheap due to the discount from attending the wedding but that did not mean I got a budget room. My room was very large with a lovely double bed, settee, large HD tele, ensuite with bath!

The staff would do as much as they could to make your night and morning memorable.

Thankyou if i didnt live so far away you would be the location for my wedding,

Room Tip: The fist floor was not noisy and very cool the ground floor rooms were very noist and hot.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Morgan R,

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves during the wedding. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands Hotel (even if it isn't for your wedding).

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Recently stopped here for three nights when visiting the area, used hotel as a base which gave instant access to motorways. Staff always friendly and majority spoke when passing, breakfast was tasty & plentiful with good selection, our room although spotless was dated, also turned into an oven at night with no air con or ceiling fan. Perfect for our needs as a base but limited facilities if you have a family and plan to spend some time in hotel. Outdoor pool is available but limited opportunities with our climate. We would use again if in area or if using airport

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear dannsam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Novotel Nottingham East Midlands Hotel. I’m delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We are able to provide table or standing fans if requested and have also noted your comments about family activities in the hotel which we are addressing.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Great budget hotel for one / two nights stop for visiting Nottingham. Easy access direct of M1, plenty of parking. Hotel rooms in need of modernisation, bathroom & separate toilet rather dated but very clean. Bed very comfy & very clean, modern TV, beverage making available in room. Staff very friendly & helpfully, nice restaurant, food pretty good if a little overpriced. would definatly recommend for short stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Biznbas,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next one.

Kind Regards,