“Comfortable”

Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Needed a place to stay for a night but had to leave our bags early. The customer service was great. They got us a room ready before checkin times so we could settle. The checkout at 12pm is great. Beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. Only problem was the hall way noise from other inconsiderate guests. Breakfast in the morning was very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
NovotelNottingham, Front Office Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for the kind review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us, and I hope the football match you were on your way to see had a positive outcome! I will share your comments with the team, who continuously strive to provide a superior quality of service. We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to the UK. Kind regards, Ryan Topper

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I dont actually know how this place got a very good rating or half decent comments.
Currently writing this from my hotel room .
The place is very very dated , dirty , scruffy and very very old. The décor is very tired. The rooms need a lot of work. Walls are so thin you can hear people talking next door.
I would not even dream of walking on the carpets they urgently need replacing , no main light in room , have to use bedside lights, no many plug sockets, cobwebs in corner of rooms, hairs on the sheets. All features and aspects of room and hotel are old and shabby.
Luckily this stay was paid for by work however it did say behind reception that a room costs £101. No way on earth can you justify that price for this hotel. I would rather stay in lower budget hotel at £29 a night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am sorry to hear that the room failed to meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me on +44 (0) 115 946 5111 or via email h0507-fo@accor.com, and I will be happy to discuss your stay with you. Kind regards, Ryan Topper

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed for one night and our only problem was that we found the duvet far too warm. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff on reception were friendly and after check in Mel phoned to see if everything was okay. Would recommend this hotel and will certainly use it again when we return to Derby.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that Mel left a lasting impression. Please let me know when next you'll be in the area, and I will ask our Housekeeping team to provide a thinner alternative to the duvet. Once again, thank you for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again. Kind regards, Ryan Topper

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here on Saturday night as part of a mystery trip with National. We really enjoyed our stay. The room was lovely and warm. The dinner menu was adaquate but considering what we paid for the trip was very good value. The breakfast was first class. Over all a good weekend. I would have no hesitation in recomending this hotel. Unlike the previous post I had a strong wi fi connection.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your Mystery Trip, and that the meals were to your liking. I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the not-too-distant future. Kind regards, Ryan Topper

Reviewed 8 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 6 December 2013

novotel was very warm and welcoming nothing was too much trouble and the staff on the front desk were paticularly helpful. The breakfast was fantastic the best I've had and the fascilities were great I had a great time and was very impressed. The room was also lovely and alot bigger than I expected and very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your kind review. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ryan Topper

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Only stayed the one night as a necessity more than a leisure break. Got a really good deal on the price as I booked the night before but considering the niggles I had, I would have been extremely annoyed had I paid the normal price of £109 for the night.
The décor in the reception/bar areas leads you to believe the rest of the hotel will be at a similar standard which is not the case. The rooms were shabby - although perfectly serviceable, a little run down.
The service in the restaurant was friendly enough but we received our mains when we were still finishing off our starters and then were left with our dirty mains plates for a time longer than what was acceptable. Food was of an average standard - my husband requested a steak cooked 'medium' but it was rare, whilst my burger seemed to have been cremated.
We had a faulty light in the bathroom, and when we called down to reception, there was no answer. We had to come down and report it when we came for dinner.
Served its purpose for a place to lay our heads and grab some food but wouldn't necessarily recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that on this occasion, your expectations were not met. I have passed your comments on to the relevant Heads of Department, who will take the appropriate measure to address your concerns. Once again, thank you for your feedback. Kind regards, Ryan Topper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!