“In need of serious update. Very poor quality and noisy”

Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed 6 June 2014

A group of colleagues stayed here ahead of a business meeting. Booked based on photos on website the reality was very different. Very dated. Wood chip paper on walls. Very old beds and once white bedding. Carpets badly stained. Food very average.
However service was well organised and very friendly. Meeting room was not great with badly stained carpets.

• Stayed: May 2014
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear SLB228,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We have noted your constructive criticism pertaining to your stay and your feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence.

I am glad to report that we have just had the carpets in our meeting rooms commercially shampooed.

It is great to read that you found our hospitality levels of a high standard and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you are next visiting the area.

Kind regards

Tom

There are newer reviews for Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights on a bed and breakfast basis; breakfast was a mixture of continental English. There was great choice – frit juices, tea/coffee, pastries, fruit, cereals, cooked meats, cheese, bread rolls etc; cooked ie hash browns, tomatoes, beans, bacon, sausage etc. It is ideal for us as its just a few minutes from the motorway to get back home. On the first morning my hubby was doing a sport event and needed to leave the hotel before breakfast. However the receptionist offered us a breakfast packet to take away which consisted of a couple of yogurt drinks, fruit and pastries. Dinners: good choices. I am quite fussy and don’t each much meat and fish but there was a number of meals I could still have.

Staff were friendly, polite, and just couldn’t do enough for you.

Rooms were clean and room service daily.

The room had tea and coffee making facilities, TV, Hairdryer, iron and ironing board as well as shampoo/conditioner and soap in bathroom.

There is a barrier in/out of the car park for which you need a code to get out; however the code is written on paper on the reception desk which you can take away with you. the hotel was ideally situated for us - just a few minutes from the motorway.

If I had to say anything negatively about the hotel then it is only that I found the room very warm, even with the windows wide open. However, this was our second stay to the hotel and wouldn’t hesitate to stay again. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: we had room 250 which was quiet although hot
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Dolphin 028,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post such a beautiful review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and felt it appropriate to award us 5 stars. It is also great to read that you would recommend our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Tom

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Helpful & friendly staff. Room had stained carpet and room needed redecor
ting. Bed was old and uncomfortable. Breakfast was really good but dinner not so good. Food dry and tasteless. If we hadn’t been jetlagged from 24 hour flights am sure we wouldnt have been comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelNottingham, Front Office Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to see that on this occasion, your expectations were not met, please accept my apologies. I do hope we can welome you back to the hotel in the near future to experience a hastle free stay. Kind regards, Ryan Topper

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel for a wedding and the only reason we chose it was for its location - which proved to be ideal. We didn't go in with high expectations - but actually this was a very nice stay. The check-in staff were very helpful, there was ample parking. The room was large and clean - if a little dated - and the breakfast was very good. For what it cost - this was definitely value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your kind review. I'm pleased to see you had an enjoyable experience, and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards, Ryan Topper

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Me and my Girlfriend came here for a 2 day trip with National Holidays and I wasn't sure at first what to expect as this was the first time I had stayed at a Hotel without family and I was amazed by the friendly staff and the facilities available. I would love to visit this Hotel again and would give this a 5/5 rating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night on a business trip
The check in was quick.
My room (352) was large but a bit tired looking. The breakfast selection was very good but my complaint was that the hot food was not warm enough .
It was a pity that they have closed the pool
This hotel is ok for a one stay but not for any longer

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that, overall, you enjoyed your stay. I have passed the details of your concerns regarding the breakfast to our Food and Beverage Manager. I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future. Kind regards, Ryan Topper

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
De Vere Orchard Hotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#7 of 48 in Nottingham

Been to Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!