“First impressions, don't last! Helpful Hotel”

Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed 7 August 2014

First time in a Novotel. Stayed there for 4 nights last week. Initially I was surprised by the decor and condition of the room. It just seemed to need modernising and after speaking to staff they assured me this is going to be done soon. So with that I mind I decided to give the hotel a fair chance. Please let me clear, the room wasn't bad but just not up-to-date and maybe I had high expectations of Novotel.
The biggest plus for me was the room attendant (chambermaid) called Lisa. On the second day she called to change our bedding and towels and she was really helpful. She thoroughly went around the room and made us feel quite relaxed even though she was obviously busy. There were some issues we had with the shower and sink and even though we didn't complain she spotted the problems and got them fixed by Maintenance. Lisa's a real credit to the place and her attitude and willingness to help won us over!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DrDroy
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Darren R,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.
It is great to hear that you felt Lisa in housekeeping made your stay all the more enjoyable. I will certainly ensure that Lisa and indeed our team is made aware of your positive feedback.
We are expecting to undertake a major refurbishment of all bedrooms & bathrooms soon to include air conditioning. Once complete this will bring us in line with the new style Novotel.
Finally we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands when you are next in the area. Customer feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

After staying at other Novotel branches my mother and I had high expectations.

The hotel itself is dated and is VERY hard to find (they have the hotel sign on the inside of the actual hotel site and you don't know you've passed it until it's too late - my mother and I drove past this hotel twice without seeing where it was) however, the staff there are very pleasant and our check in was quick and easy.

The rooms are quite dated though, and we found a moth in the bathroom, it was quite a big one so how the 'cleaners' missed this I will never know. Our stay was okay until our final day at breakfast.

We happened to be sat close to where the breakfast buffet is kept and whilst observing I noticed a chef bring out some eggs and use his gloves to put the fresh eggs out. Two minutes later he did the same with some bacon. I'm a vegetarian and it was pretty safe to say I didn't eat my breakfast that morning so I had in fact wasted £14 or thereabouts to only consume a glass of juice and a slice of toast.

I brought it up with the on duty manager who said she would be more than happy to supply me with a light meal to take with me on my journey. Why would I want to eat from this place again may I ask you?!

On that note there is a place right across the road called 'The Grill' that sells great food at an excellent price with outstanding customer service! Go over there instead of getting your evening meal at the hotel!

Overall the staff were very nice and helpful, the rooms are very dated but they still charge the same price as the more modern Novotel hotels but I will never be eating at another Novotel for aslong as I live and I probably won't stay at one again due to the fact I like my breakfast in the morning!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Shaniece S
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Shaniece S,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.
We have noted your areas of concern and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Here at the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands we adhere to the highest standards in health & safety practices and receive many audits in this area from our external audit health & safety contractors. I can assure you that we consistently achieve very high marks following these audits many of which are unannounced.
In relation to our product we are expecting to undertake a major refurbishment of all bedrooms & bathrooms soon and once complete this will bring us in line with the new style Novotels globally that you may be familiar with. our intention is very much to retain and build upon the outstanding levels of hospitality that we are renown for.
We do hope that you will consider using the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel offers good location equidistant between Derby and Nottingham with ample free car parking.
Lobby and bar area very pleasant and the bedroom was a good size, very clean. Toilet is seperate to the main bathroom. Free Wifi available and it works well.
Service from both Reception and Bar staff was good especially liked the ice creams we could purchase from the bar.
Hotel looks a bit 70's from the outside but the inside has been upgraded and they offer great rates that you do not need to prepay on - I paid £37.00 room only which we could cancel up until 2pm on the day of arrival which was great.
We had a room on the side of the motorway which with the windows open was very noisy but with the secondary double glazing units fitted and closed you could not hear anything.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear JO 99,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post such wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
It is great to hear that you experienced our outstanding levels of hospitality and enjoyed our excellent location to over all make a value for money experience.
We are expecting to undertake a major refurbishment soon of all bedrooms & bathrooms to include air conditioning.
Do keep an eye out on our web site for special promotional rates which we run through out the year.
Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights whilst visiting Nottingham. Got our room for £89 for the 3 nights. Restaurant & bar area very nice & all staff very friendly & helpful. Our room was a fine size & sofa converted into 2 single beds. Unfortunately the pool was closed which was disappointing. Our main complaint was the lack of aircon. There was a heat wave when we stayed & room was unbelievably hot even after we were provided with a fan. I was however advised that hotel is due a major refurb & aircon is being put in. Overall we were very happy & defo a bargain at £30 a night. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Shazbo 92,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post such a beautiful review on Tripadvisor.
It is great to read that you experienced our outstanding levels of hospitality, good value for money and that you would definitely return.
We are expecting to refurbish all our bedrooms & bathrooms soon to include air conditioning.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Family room was excellent value at 47 quid a night and the location is very convenient for the M1. No frills accommodation but ideal for a stopover and service is generally good. When the weather is hot ask for a fan at reception as the rooms can get warm and there is no a.c.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Peter H,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.
It is great to hear that you experienced great value for money.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Yes, the Novotel needs a make over and yes in this hot weather it needs air con or at least a fan in each room, how ever it's very clean and has all you need reasonable priced bar and restaurant, what it does have is excellent service, from the woman who cleans the room to the woman who serves your drink and every one in between. So please give it a try

• Stayed: July 2014
NovotelNottingham, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Alexd 1956,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay with us.
It is great to note that you experienced "value for money" and received our high levels of hospitality.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel Nottingham East Midlands when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I had previously stayed here in May and we had no problems on both occasions. From arriving (closer to midnight) the staff were very friendly. In the morning (at breakfast) they managed to shuffle tables around so all 10 off us could sit together!!! The rooms themselves were clean and although basic, it did the job - for us to sleep comfortably.
The only let down was the pool being closed, and nothing stating this before hand.
Would stay again and looking to book now.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Marsha J,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.
It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us for a future holiday.
Unfortunately due to health & safety reasons the outdoor swimming pool is closed. We have requested all our on line booking partners to remove reference to this from the relevant web sites.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Hilton East Midlands Airport
#3 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Hotel Novotel Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!