“Hotel + The Grill at 25”

Best Western Nottingham Derby
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hotel is near the motorway so expect noise but the double glazing is pretty effective. It's convenient for East Midlands Airport, Derby, Nottingham and those wanting to take a break on a long journey. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms clean and spacious.
The nearest place to eat is The Grill at 25 which is about 15 yards across the car park. We went on a Bank Holiday Sunday when they were already stacked out with two bus loads of people. Chris, the manager couldn't have been more helpful. We hadn't booked. but she bent over backwards to accommodate us and the food, when it arrived was good, hot and plentiful. She opened another section to make space for us and another couple

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise ask for a room facing away from the motorway - or choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

In regards to the rooms, all rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, alternatively we do have rooms on the non motorway side which are quieter.

I am pleased to read that the staff were helpful during your stay and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

In regards to the grill I will pass on your great feedback to the restaurant manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Nottingham Derby

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Its a good basic hotel. The room I had was away from the M1 and I didn't hear the traffic at all.

The room was a little tired looking; it must be a constant battle to keep hotel rooms 'fresh' so no real complaints.

The front of house staff were always friendly and welcoming and quickly resolved a problem with my debit card (my bank being ultra cautious).

Prefect location for me. Food is served in the adjacent Grill at 25 (no idea what it means!). Weekend breakfasts as served from 7:30 am so that gets a very big tick from me.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the motorway side
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay.

In regards to the staff I am pleased to read that you received great service from both the hotel and restaurant.

I am happy to see that the location of the hotel was perfect for your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This review is entirely about the restaurant itself, 'The Grill at 25'. Having never been before, it was after work and I went with two members of my family for dinner before heading home. First impressions were great; the staff were friendly, drinks were served quickly and our order was taken swiftly. The starters were great and we were then asked if we were ready for our main course. One of our party is 16 years old and went for the 'Salmon Linguine' for Main Course, this is where the problems began and it's what warrants this review as terrible.

The mains came out one by one, with the linguine coming a few minutes after the salad and the burger. It was only then when the younger member of our party realised that the Salmon was not cooked and raw through, now with fish this is completely unacceptable. We went on to tell one of the waitresses, she came over giving a feeble apology and said they'd make a new one. Fifteen minutes later, two of us had finished our Main Course and that's when the 'new' Salmon Linguine came back. After seeing everyone else eat and being completely put off by the original raw Salmon Linguine, the younger member of our party had lost his appetite and didn't eat much at all.

When coming to clear our table, we still get a feeble apology when we say that it was once again unacceptable for a chef to serve raw fish. The staff were completely uninterested and didn't seem to care of the potential danger of a 16yo eating raw salmon.

So, the uninterested staff made it very clear from their expressions and lack of interest that they were 'fed up with us' and we didn't feel welcome at all. So, we naturally asked for the bill.

On bringing the bill, the waitress said 'to apologise for the issue with the salmon, we're knocking the price of a glass of coke (£2ish) off the bill'. Now it's not the money that's the issue but the principal of how the staff didn't really care was really off-putting.

To summarise - felt like a family resturant with someone in the kitchen with no due care and attention that could have given someone who's 16 years old food poisoning if not worse. Would 100% NOT recommend and certainly won't be going back in a hurry!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent dining experience at the Grill at 25.

I am sorry to read that the food and service did not live up to our usual high standards. I have spoken to the restaurant manager Jimmy who has asked me to pass on his contact details. He would very like to speak to you regarding this matter. His contact number is 0115 9463801.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here for a night while transiting to Lake District and visiting my son in Nottingham University. Helen checked us in and was very helpful. We got a family room with 4 beds and it was quite spacious. The only thing I found odd is the wash basin is in the room itself (not in the bathroom). The bathroom has a sliding door and has the WC and the shower cubicle. The lights in the bathroom and the one on top of the wash basin inside the room are controlled by one switch along with the exhaust which makes a racket when on!!
The problem starts when someone in the room wants to use the toilet at night. The only switch one powers on to use the toilet switches in the light in the room as well as the very noisy exhaust!! The light and sound is enough to wake up everyone in the room. Since the exhaust is connected to a timer, it clatters for a long time even after the lights are switched off. My room was away from the M1 side but this light and sound was enough for disturbing anybody's sleep.
The hotel needs a lot of refurbishing and new exhaust fans which are silent.
The staff is very helpful and so is the breakfast spread at the Grill restaurant next door. Parking is also well organized.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that the staff were very helpful during your stay.

In regards to the bedroom I am sorry to read that the extractor fan was loud and disruptive. I will pass your feedback on to our maintenance department to ensure this is resolved immediately. The extractor fans are on a timer in all rooms.

I will pass on your great feedback regarding breakfast to the restaurant manager.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here with my wife on the Easter weekend 2014. The room was large and comfortable and the shower was powerful and warm. We were on the side of the hotel that was away from the m1 and even though the hotel was full it was quiet all night. The grill 25 served us a good meal at a reasonable price but I found the drinks quite expensive. I would stay again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the motorway side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay and that the room met all expectations.

In regards to the food in the restaurant I will pass your feedback on to the restaurant manager. I am pleased to read that the food was great.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Here goes with an honest review! You get what you pay for if you want five book five star these are no frills hotels done very well yes there may be little niggles like not enough tea bags and sugar but the beds are comfortable the rooms are lovely and clean we also find the staff more than helpful, checking in and out the easiest we have ever had and we have now stayed here twice! And we didn't hear either road noise or planes overhead either visit would use this one every time over premier inn. We also used the restaurant both times the food was excellent staff more than helpful even though they are rushed of their feet. Food was hot!! And portions large!! The manageress of the restaurant goes out of her way to make sure every single person is happy. Overview is restaurant could do with a couple more staff at busy times but they always have a happy attitude even though they are always busy food excellent!! Think the bad reviews I have read are from people who are just being picky you either want luxury or value!!

Room Tip: Excellent value for money and restaurant excellent!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and have continued to use us when in the area.

In regards to the great service you received from both the hotel and restaurant staff I will pass this feedback on to both departments.

We hope you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
#1 of 1 in Risley
De Vere Orchard Hotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#7 of 48 in Nottingham

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!