Best Western Nottingham Derby
US$57
getaroom.com
US$94
US$85
Hilton East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$53
US$43
US$86
getaroom.com
All reviewsfamily roomshower roomconvenient locationno air coneast midlands airportgood sizerestaurant next doorcar parkstayed here for one nightwould stay againreception staffironing boardtea and coffeenice roomthe ground floorcomfy bedvery pleasant stay
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Reviewed 16 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is a good hotel for a short business stopover or for a night before your flight. It is exactly what you would expect from a Best Western except that the staff were extremely helpful and hospitable. A lady called Helen Moorey was at reception and could not have been more thoughtful or more helpful. She found us a quiet place to have a meeting, advised us to book for the restaurant which happened to be very busy that evening (the hotel was almost full). She also sorted out another room for me when the room I was given was unsuitable.

The accommodation was the let down. I didn't expect too much - it is after all a budget hotel on a main road. However, I don't expect to be given a room that stinks of cigarette smoke, with velux windows that don't open, one of which had paper stuffed into the air vent to stop either water or noise from getting in. I was given an alternate room which did not smell of smoke but the lamps by the bed didn't work. A thorough room check and good maintenance could sort these small but annoying problems.

The restaurant was ok. The staff in the restaurant in the morning were again helpful and friendly. This makes up for an awful lot in my view.

Room Tip: Away from the front of the hotel if you are noise sensitive.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that the staff in all departments were friendly and accommodating during your stay. I will pass on your feedback to those mentioned.

In regards to the smell of smoke in the room I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused. The hotel is non smoking throughout so I apologise for this occurring. I will ensure this does not happen again. In regards to the paper I have passed this on to our housekeeping department to ensure this is looked into as this does not live up to our usual high standards of service.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Hotel is near the motorway so expect noise but the double glazing is pretty effective. It's convenient for East Midlands Airport, Derby, Nottingham and those wanting to take a break on a long journey. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms clean and spacious.
The nearest place to eat is The Grill at 25 which is about 15 yards across the car park. We went on a Bank Holiday Sunday when they were already stacked out with two bus loads of people. Chris, the manager couldn't have been more helpful. We hadn't booked. but she bent over backwards to accommodate us and the food, when it arrived was good, hot and plentiful. She opened another section to make space for us and another couple

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise ask for a room facing away from the motorway - or choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

In regards to the rooms, all rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, alternatively we do have rooms on the non motorway side which are quieter.

I am pleased to read that the staff were helpful during your stay and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

In regards to the grill I will pass on your great feedback to the restaurant manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Its a good basic hotel. The room I had was away from the M1 and I didn't hear the traffic at all.

The room was a little tired looking; it must be a constant battle to keep hotel rooms 'fresh' so no real complaints.

The front of house staff were always friendly and welcoming and quickly resolved a problem with my debit card (my bank being ultra cautious).

Prefect location for me. Food is served in the adjacent Grill at 25 (no idea what it means!). Weekend breakfasts as served from 7:30 am so that gets a very big tick from me.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the motorway side
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay.

In regards to the staff I am pleased to read that you received great service from both the hotel and restaurant.

I am happy to see that the location of the hotel was perfect for your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.