“over night stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Redditch, United Kingdom
“over night stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

we stayed at this hotel for one night . found this hotel excellent good location for east midlands airport . our room was quite large very clean and very comfortable..shower room excellent..staff on reception very pleasant and very helpful, The restaurant we was quite surprised by the decor and the price of the food . food was excellent served very hot , good all round .

Room Tip: back of hotel .away from the noise of the motorawy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you received excellent service and the staff were very accommodating.

I will pass on your comments to the restaurant regarding food as they use all feedback productively.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kindest regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for one night in a family room (2 adults & 2 children) and only paid £44 through booking.com (room only). As other guests have noted it is noisy being so close to the M1, it was particularly hot on Friday & we would have liked to have had the windows open but the road noise was too intrusive. They do supply fans which helped but there is no aircon (could you expect aircon at that price?). The 'Grill' restaurant next door was OK but the menu was was a bit limited. Having said that, the staff at both the restaurant and the hotel were great, no complaints there at all. Look at this as a budget hotel (you can't do much else at that price) and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

In regards to the rooms, all rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, alternatively we do have rooms on the non motorway side which are quieter.

As mentioned, we do supply a fan in all rooms for guests to use, we do not have air conditioning in any of our bedrooms. I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

I am pleased to read you received great service from the staff. I will pass this feedback on.

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Brilliantly situated just off the M1. Car parking was fine. Reception / check in was fine, although I had to go back a change my room key card for a proper key, which was a pain as there is no lift, so i had to drag my case down the stairs again - whatever happened to house phones. Everything was clean and tidy. The room was very nice, plenty of space, sofa, chair; as a smallish person I would say that the "velux" (Other roof windows are available) are difficult to close.The bathroom was one of the plastic pods, which is fine by me - shower and no bath, Plenty of storage. Quiet enough for me, even though it was close to the M1.Everything was clean and tidy. Free WiFi was good. TV channels and reception was terrible, analogue style choice of channels and reception too. I didn't use the bar / restaurant facilities so can't comment on those. I would stay again if in the area.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am pleased to read that your room was clean and quiet for your stay resulting in a good nights sleep. In regards to the velux windows I apologise for any inconvenience this caused, I will pass on your feedback to management as this may be something we change in the future.

In regards to the television channels, I am sorry to read that the reception and channels did not work properly. We do advise guests to report any issues they encounter to a member of staff at reception in order to resolve any problems immediately. We like to make sure all guests have a great stay with us. I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

For a hotel that has so much promise you feel a little let down by the rooms! why is it you only get 4 channels on the TV in this day and age??? the hotel is ideally situated for my works and just of the M1 motorway, rooms are generaly clean but the shower seems to be getting a little old and tired! check in was ok!

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you felt let down by the hotel.

In regards to the television channels, there are more than four channels available in the rooms. I will report this to our maintenance department to ensure this is resolved. We do advise all guests to report any problems they encounter during their stay to reception in order for a member of staff to resolve any issues immediately. We like to make sure all guests have a great stay with us.

With the location being convenient for your travels, we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nice Hotel, helpful reception as we have booked a double room but got the twin instead, one call to reception and it was changed straight away. Quite noisy as it is by motorway even having the room at the back, so if you have light sleep I won't recommend it, we were tired so did not care.General cleanness ok. except for a blocked sink. Not happy about the restaurant, trying to have a dinner in a half empty restaurant instead of being welcomed mid aged lady waitress not happy that we are trying to find seats ourselves finally pointing us to the table and making us wait over 10 min for someone to take our order, avoiding our table successfully (meanwhile she has managed to serve people that arrived 5min after us, took their drink order, brought the drinks and took their food order). The other waiter have saved the situation finally taking our order. Having to wait another 25min for a grilled chicken breast that was completely dry left us very unhappy. Luckily the morning staff was a lot more pleasant, caring and helpfull and the food a lot better than the night before. If I'll be coming back It will only be for the hotel, I'll find somewhere else to dine. Anna

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear guest,

I am sorry to read that you were allocated the wrong room type on your arrival. I will ensure this does not happen again. I am pleased however to see that this was quickly resolved by reception.

All rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, alternatively we do have rooms on the non motorway side which are quieter. I apologise for any disturbances you encountered.

In regards to the service you received in the restaurant. I will pass on your comments to the restaurant manager as this does not live up to our usual high standards. I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Lovely Hotel, I will recommend to anyone who needs a comfy bed, clean room and a resterant/bar that does lovely food. I was horrified at the price of the alcoholic drinks though.so decided not to drink beer.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that the room was comfortable, clean and accommodating for your stay,

In regards to the restaurant I will pass on your great feedback regarding the food and the price of drinks to the restaurant manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed as visitors in early June. Modern room, comfortable beds, very well presented hotel. Breakfast options were varied, although get there earlier rather than later as hot food looked a bit tired towards end of serving period.

We had a room on the top floor, whilst very large and comfortable, we found it very warm, there is no cooling (other than a vey small pedestal fan). We also over looked the motorway. The noise was quite obvious but didn't stop us from sleeping very well

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room on the top floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank emmatt24
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear guest,

In regards to the room all rooms in the hotel do not come with air conditioning. Fans are available in all the rooms for guests to use if needed. I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

I am pleased to read the size of the room was great for your stay. All rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, alternatively we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter.

I will pass on your comments regarding breakfast to the restaurant manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Days Inn Donington A50
Days Inn Donington A50
#1 of 1 in Shardlow

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!