“Excellent value, very clean and comfortable bed”

Best Western Nottingham Derby
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Perfect for families we had a link room on non M1 side(double and twin with camp bed) which was spacious and very clean. Really lovely and helpful staff, especially Jade who quickly sorted our room mix up out.Great selection of breafast at restaurant just opposite was included so fantastic value £77 for five of us !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an excellent stay and Jade was very accommodating. I will pass this feedback on to her.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Nottingham Derby

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My expectations were low...an overnight stop as part of a deal with 11 nights' parking at East Midlands Airport. things didn't look good when I checked in.....right next to the motorway [M1?] and no lift. I thought I was going to be in some vile Alan Partridge-style hotel. However....the room was great-really clean, roomy. Furthermore, the receptionist couldn't have been more helpful with driving directions etc.......she really went out of her way to help. Another pleasant surprise was the restaurant opposite. I was expecting some overpriced, bland microwaved food, but in fact the service was excellent, the food of a very high quality and very reasonably priced too. Just goes to show you how wrong you can be.....highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and the hotel exceeded all expectations.

I will pass on your feedback to the restaurant manager regarding the great food and service you received from the staff as they use all feedback productively.

I am pleased to see that the receptionist was helpful and accommodating during your stay with us. We like to ensure we deliver a high standard of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Simply a convenient, clean, well present hotel. Stayed in a family room with our daughter for one night whilst having building work done at home. Excellent value for money, with free wi fi access, a huge family room with a double and two single beds. TV in room with all channels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that the room exceeded all expectations and was value for money.

We hope you will stay with us again when next in the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

we stayed at this hotel for one night . found this hotel excellent good location for east midlands airport . our room was quite large very clean and very comfortable..shower room excellent..staff on reception very pleasant and very helpful, The restaurant we was quite surprised by the decor and the price of the food . food was excellent served very hot , good all round .

Room Tip: back of hotel .away from the noise of the motorawy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you received excellent service and the staff were very accommodating.

I will pass on your comments to the restaurant regarding food as they use all feedback productively.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for one night in a family room (2 adults & 2 children) and only paid £44 through booking.com (room only). As other guests have noted it is noisy being so close to the M1, it was particularly hot on Friday & we would have liked to have had the windows open but the road noise was too intrusive. They do supply fans which helped but there is no aircon (could you expect aircon at that price?). The 'Grill' restaurant next door was OK but the menu was was a bit limited. Having said that, the staff at both the restaurant and the hotel were great, no complaints there at all. Look at this as a budget hotel (you can't do much else at that price) and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

In regards to the rooms, all rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, alternatively we do have rooms on the non motorway side which are quieter.

As mentioned, we do supply a fan in all rooms for guests to use, we do not have air conditioning in any of our bedrooms. I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

I am pleased to read you received great service from the staff. I will pass this feedback on.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Brilliantly situated just off the M1. Car parking was fine. Reception / check in was fine, although I had to go back a change my room key card for a proper key, which was a pain as there is no lift, so i had to drag my case down the stairs again - whatever happened to house phones. Everything was clean and tidy. The room was very nice, plenty of space, sofa, chair; as a smallish person I would say that the "velux" (Other roof windows are available) are difficult to close.The bathroom was one of the plastic pods, which is fine by me - shower and no bath, Plenty of storage. Quiet enough for me, even though it was close to the M1.Everything was clean and tidy. Free WiFi was good. TV channels and reception was terrible, analogue style choice of channels and reception too. I didn't use the bar / restaurant facilities so can't comment on those. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am pleased to read that your room was clean and quiet for your stay resulting in a good nights sleep. In regards to the velux windows I apologise for any inconvenience this caused, I will pass on your feedback to management as this may be something we change in the future.

In regards to the television channels, I am sorry to read that the reception and channels did not work properly. We do advise guests to report any issues they encounter to a member of staff at reception in order to resolve any problems immediately. We like to make sure all guests have a great stay with us. I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Eaton
#1 of 1 in Risley
De Vere Orchard Hotel
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#6 of 48 in Nottingham

Been to Best Western Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!