Best Western Nottingham Derby
US$137
Travelocity
US$50
Travelodge
Hilton East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)
US$98
US$61
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfamily roomshower roomconvenient locationno air coneast midlands airportgood sizerestaurant next doorcar parkstayed here for one nightwould stay againreception staffironing boardtea and coffeenice roomthe ground floorcomfy bedvery pleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights to enable us to visit family in Stapleford, about 3 miles away.
We checked in on a Sunday afternoon , all very quick and easy with a helpful lady at reception.
Our room ( 101) was right by reception and I was a bit worried it could be noisy ............it wasn't ! I hardly heard a sound all the time we were in the hotel , just the odd bang of a door that you get in all hotels. We had requested a room on the non-motorway side of the hotel and because of this we were able to leave the windows open at night , we both slept well with comfy beds and good pillows.
The breakfast is served in the restaurant, a separate building about 5 metres away from reception. It was a good choice of cereals,fruit, pastries,breads and hot items. There was a machine for a range of hot drinks ( but no decaf coffee! If you want this you have to ask for a sachet ! )
I will stay here again when in the area as it was good value and a pleasant stay !

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from M1 motorway !
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay and a good nights sleep.

In regards to breakfast I will pass on your great feedback to the restaurant manager as they use all feedback productively.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We'd stayed here many times over the last decade, dating back to the days of the 'Brannigans' restaurant and 'Ramada Jarvis' brand on display. After a break of nearly 3 years we returned to find its 'Grill at 25' and 'Best Western'. No problem with that as a brand is just a brand and what matters most is what you discover when you scratch beneath the surface. For the price you pay for a nights stay this hotel doesn't disappoint.

Rooms are clean, functional and offer value for money. A slight mistake on the hotels original design is wash basins in the main room. Not quite sure what the designers were thinking there.

Breakfasts are spot on, plenty of choice, I suggest there is a need to put milk jugs on the tables for guests though - minor detail but if you happen to ask for a teapot also ask for a little milk jug! Otherwise you'll be out of your seat topping your drink up with milk at the drinks vending machine.

The clincher here is the staff who make this hotel a pleasant and welcoming experience, they are a credit to the Best Western group. Lorna on reception and Chris in the restaurant are excellent hosts, polite, attentive and hard working. I'd challenge any hotel brand in the area to beat that (Novotel and Holiday Inn take note!).

Best Western - get this hotel some air con in the rooms and I'll give you 5*'s.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that the room was clean and comfortable.

Your comments regarding the milk jugs at breakfast I will pass on to the restaurant manager as this may be something we change in the future.

In regards to the staff it is great to read that you received excellent service. I will pass on your comments to those mentioned.

None of our rooms in the hotel come with air conditioning, therefore in Summer and on warmer days we do advise our housekeeping team to leave windows open before a guests arrival to keep the room cool and we also provide fans for guests to use if needed.

I am pleased to read that you have continued to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my three children, aged 16, 13 & 11. We had a one night stay before a flight from East Midlands Airport. The lady on Reception was very helpful and we were allocated a family room, luckily on the side away from the M1 (though the traffic noise was still quite loud with all the windows open- our room was really hot). The beds were comfortable, but the fan was inadequate and the TV was pretty rubbish.

We went to the hotel's restaurant and were all very disappointed with our choices and there was a lot of food left. I'm sure they could do much better!

We booked two week's parking as part of our package and the whole thing was very reasonable at £74. Glad we were only staying one night though!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that the staff were helpful and pleasant during your stay.

In regards to the rooms, none of our rooms have air conditioning, therefore in Summer and on warmer days we do advise our housekeeping team to leave windows open before a guests arrival to keep the room cool and we also have fans available for guests to use if needed. I apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

In regards to the restaurant and standard of food I will pass on your comments to the restaurant manager as this does not live up to our usual high standards. I can assure you this will not happen again.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Nottingham Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Better than Travelodge and Premier Inn. Great for stay night before travelling via East Midlands airport.

Staff informative and friendly.
Room very comfortable.
Hotel very clean.
Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay with us and that the staff were very helpful. I will pass this feedback on to all those mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the future