“Nice Atmosphere and Lovely Food”

The Whitehouse Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 49 Restaurants in Long Eaton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Asia
“Nice Atmosphere and Lovely Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We recently had a large family meal at this restaurant and really enjoyed the experience. The food was imaginative and tasty. The decor was comfortable and there was a very nice atmosphere to the place. The staff were friendly and professional and overall it was a very pleasant meal.

• Visited May 2014

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a birthday meal last night and it was great. The food was superb and the service was great. We took a cake along which the staff brought out and the whole restaurant sang. The place was still full at 11pm! Great food and great atmosphere would definitely go again. Not too expensive either

• Visited July 2014
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Deli great for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Fabulous breakfast with friends in the Deli area yesterday. Food lovely. Great setting for a chilled-out brunch. Look forward to trying the champagne breakfast sometime soon.

Visited May 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“If it had gone any further down it would be underground”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Whitehouse used to be a very good restaurant, Relaxed and with good food.I think that it has now changed hands and has obviously changed chefs as it is now awful.
My wife and I visited oh 20th March for lunch and based on previous experiences there expected it to be good.
The first thing you notice now is that it is looking shabby and much in need of a coat of paint. That would have been acceptable though if the food ahd been up to any standard at all.
The starters were poor but we had had worse but the mains were shocking. I ordered the steak and kidney pie luckily but it was just a pastry case with a filling poured in badly presented and not of a great standard. Initially they bought me a Pork chop stuffed with black pudding which I hadn't ordered so that had to be changed. meanwhile my wife, who had ordered the Pork chop and black pudding, had to wait till my dish was replaced. She couldn't eat much of the pork as it was barely cooked with just black pudding slime in the middle. The vegetables were also pretty awful.
Deserts were the big one though, how do you mess up a creme brulee?. These though were terrible, consistency was strange and they tasted of bad eggs and were inedible. The staff were pleasant and didn't charge us for the brulee but my wife and I were both ill on our return home.
I do hope they sort out their problems but we will never return.

• Visited March 2014
8 Thank Bob88845
nottinghamshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

had a great meal tonight at the whitehouse. the goats cheese salad is amazing from the new menu

was great catching up with my family from returning from hols.

cant wait to return to try the fillet of pork dish

• Visited April 2014