“Very nice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our tour of Macallan's was very nice. The guide, Roy, was very knowledgeable and did a great job. We never felt rushed even though we were the last tour of the day. In fact, during the tasting, our group of 7 was encouraged to take our time and enjoy the different flavors. The staff was great too. They called a local taxi for us and even made dinner reservations for us at a local pub after realizing we didn't have dinner plans...most thoughtful. I would highly recommend this distillery for a tour and especially a taste!

Visited June 2014
Robert I, Manager at The Macallan Distillery, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm so pleased that you felt so well looked after by Roy and the team - we always pride ourselves on making sure that nobody feels rushed through their visit regardless of the time of day.

I hope that you enjoyed your recommended dinner locally as well! Please do visit us again if you are ever in the Speyside area.

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Enthusiastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was the day after the company do when our 20-something tour guide took us around. He admitted that it was a big night, but that didn't dampen his enthusiasm or delivery: it was top notch and he was evidently proud to work at Macallan.

I went on two tours and this one was definitely better when it came to the manufacturing process. It wasn't quite so strong on the tasting side, although the whiskies we had were extremely good and included a couple of 18-year olds.

The only thing that most of the distilleries lack is somewhere for the whisky widows/widowers to wait in the form of a cafe or tea room. Seems like most are missing a trick here.

Visited July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your review - all our feedback is very much encouraged and appreciated. I'm glad that in spite of our Summer Dance the evening before your tour, that you still felt well looked after. I've passed on your feedback to Roy and he is thrilled!

I'd be very interested to know how you feel that the tasting could be improved - whether you feel it should be by including other expressions of The Macallan or perhaps the guidance through the drams wasn't as strong as it could have been. I do believe that the range of whiskies we offer gives a broad introduction to the Macallan collections and by currnetly offering two 18 year old whiskies plus two other expressions that we offer good value for money alongside a very in depth tour of around two hours. That said I do absolutely accept that some of our guests may be looking for something different and if asked, we will try to acommodate where we possibly can.

With regards to a coffee/tea room, when we undertake our distillery expansion, starting at the end of this year, we will most definitely have this type of offering for our visitors along with other areas for exploration to enusre everybody is included. I do appreciate that this is a couple of years down the line, but I very much hope that you will be able to join us in 2017 once we are open and see the difference in our offering.

Thank you again for your review, it is appreciated and please do let me know if you wish to provide further feedback.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great visit and Tasting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to visit this distillery after many people recommended to try it as it is a very good Whisky. We arrived without a reservation and we were able to join the tour without problem (although is better to have a reservation). The distillery was not in operation but Roy, the tour guide, took us through all the process of preparing the Whisky. At the end we were able to try 5 samples. The price was right for what we saw in 1.5 hrs and Roy was knowledgable and friendly. Beautiful grounds and they even have a couple of Highland cows!

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for visiting us at The Macallan and of course, for your positive review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, particularly during our 'silent season'. Your comments have been passed along to Roy and he was thrilled!

Should you ever find yourself back on Speyside, please do call in to see us again - a pleasure to see familiar faces!
Gullane, United Kingdom
“Jodie in charge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Top notch tour conducted by Jodie a few weeks ago now, sorry for taking so long.
Total enthusiasm and commitment to Macallan from Jodie. She was in her element keeping a bunch of blokes in their 40's on a wee Highland tour under control. Very informative with some real gems of moments throughout. We have been on a few tours but without a doubt this one was up there. As any one will tell you, it's the people that make it happen and Macallan have a wee gem in Jodie. Well done.

Visited June 2014
Thank you for your generous review - your feedback is very much appreciated! Your comments have been passed to Jodie - she is indeed a gem and always takes a genuine pride in looking after our guests and visitors.

As I always say to our reviewers, if you ever should find yourself/ves in Speyside again, please do be sure to visit us again for a a Jodie-style Macallan welcome!
Buckie, United Kingdom
“Saturday fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Arrived just in time for Roy's tour when he said the tour would take 2hrs we thought ohhh !!! But the time flew in .have been to many distilleries but this one was different Roy good job !!! Excellent tastings at end of tour.

Visited June 2014
Many thanks for your reivew - Roy is doing a great job for us this summer and is delighted to receive your positive comments.

Two hours does indeed fly by as our tour is very comprehensive - delighted that you enjoyed your Macallan experience and particularly the tasting at the end of the tour!