“Great pub inn that is all around great!”
Review of The Mash Tun

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberlour
The Mash Tun
Ranked #2 of 7 Aberlour B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I found this pub inn by searching for old pub inns in Scotland. The location is in this very small town and is located in an alley way that leads to a beautiful park with a river. The service was great and the staff is very friendly. The food was amazing and so were the drinks! There are only 5 rooms available (that's how small it is) and if you are lucky enough to get one, you will find that the rooms are very comfortable and warming. All around, it was a great value for money.

Suggestions - Stay a couple nights.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Mash Tun for 3 mights in July 2013, we had 2 nights in the Glenlivet suite and 1 night in Glenfarclas.

This place was suggested to us by a colleague so we had high expectations and we were not disappointed.

Both the rooms we had very a good size, clean and very comfortable. They both had Saniflow type drainage systems which are quite noisy but I guess it isn't unreasonable to expect some quirkly plumbing in such an old building.

We ate in the Mash Tun the first two nights we were in Aberlour and were both impressed with the quality of the food. The falafel come highly recommended as does the burger. The range of whisky is very large and I was really pleased to get the opportunity to try a few that I had been wanting to try for quite some time.

Breakfast was freshly cooked and a great way to start the day.

As it was very hot whilst we were there the rooms were quite stuffy, the Glenfarclas in particular as one of the windows didn't open but knowing what the weather is normally like in that part of the world it wouldn't normally have been a problem.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at the Mash Tun for two nights in the Aberlour Suite in early July and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The accomodation was very spacious with an extra seating area to relax and unwind in each evening. The room was comfortable and clean and shortbread, water and hot beverages were complimentary each day - I nice treat for my shortbread loving husband! The staff were extremely helpful with tips of what there was to do and see nearby. The restaurant was also the most happening place in town - make reservations early so as not to be disappointed. I have celiacs disease and am vegetarian and emailed Karen in advance to let her know. On both nights I was provided with a delicious meal that met my dietary requirements. Breakfast was served between 8 and 9 and included cold and hot items - it was delicious both mornings and provided much needed energy for the plenty of hiking trails and distillaries we visited nearby. Highly recommended as a central location on the whisky trail with superb service and food!

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed Two nights with another couple. Very friendly welcome and outstanding atmosphere and good food. Advance reservation on the restaurant is strongly recommended as other local options are scarce and the tables fill up quickly

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We found the inn online while searching for a convenient place to stay for touring and going on whisky tastings. Karen is so welcoming and helpful with suggestions and making sure your stay is comfortable. The room I stayed in looks right out onto the Spey river. Great whisky selection at the bar. The food was excellent. I recommend the smoked salmon egg scramble and the traditional full Scottish breakfasts. For dinner, I recommend the mushroom stuffed with haggis and chorizo and falafel starters, gammon steak, and beef burger - all of the food was outstanding! I hope to make it back there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank KBrand
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Took my husband and daughter as a birthday present and we all loved our stay. The owners Karen and Mark an their team couldn't be more helpful or friendly. We stayed in the aberlour suite which was perfect for a small family. If u like whisky this is the place to go and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were really lucky as the weather in Scotland in mid-June was fantastic. We stayed in the Aberlour suite above the Mash Tun Whisky Bar and really enjoyed it. Sure, it's above a pub/bar and it was a little noisy on Saturday nite but not too bad.

The view from the bathroom over to the Spey River was very special as was the entire village of Aberlour. The staff were all really nice and helpful and the pub grub was as good as it gets.

The Aberlour Distillery tour was worth every penny and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We loved the Aberlour Suite