“Wonderful stay!”
Review of The Mash Tun

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberlour
The Mash Tun
Ranked #2 of 6 Aberlour B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We can't say enough about this wonderful B&B! Mark, Karen and their staff are wonderful and make you feel at home. Not to mention the dinners were amazing!! Some of the best that we have had! Our rooms( we stayed in two different rooms by choice) were very comfortable. We highly recommend the Mash Tun and hope that we are fortunate enough to return someday!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duff19

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Spent just the one night here recently and must say I can find little to criticise. Room was nice and cosy, bed and pillows comfortable, bathroom more than adequate although very tight, tea, coffee and mineral water provided. I decided to dine in the pub/restaurant and was not disappointed as the food was excellent! nice couple of local ales on and a decent choice of drams although I would say mostly speysiders and few aged or various cask finished examples to choose so maybe not for the whisky connoisseur. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and courteous and my stay was rounded off a very nice breakfast. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank GrahameHportsmouth
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It's been a dream if mine to spend a few days in the heart of the whiskey trail. I was looking for a friendly place in the Speyside area with lots of charm. The moment I walked in the door of The Mash Tun, I knew that I had picked the perfect place. First, my room was nice and decorated in a quaint B&B style. The bathroom was very clean and somewhat modern, albeit a little small. There is a small TV with many channels, however, TV shouldn't be of importance in a place like this. My room had a view of the local church tower. The inn is located about 25 yards from the River Spey and two blocks from the main street that runs through town. The restaurant / whiskey bar was a special place. The staff led by Karen was so helpful and friendly, they couldn't do enough for me. Nicola was especially attentive and had good knowledge when it came to whiskey recommendations. They even gave me a few gifts before I left. My included breakfast was so delicious, as well as all my meals. If you are looking for a great whiskey selection, this is the place to come, especially if you want to have a Glenfarclas scotch. Just come here! This is a special place run by great people!!!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bobbym128
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We spent two nights here while touring local scotch distilleries and had a wonderful time. The rooms were very comfortable--we had a lovely river view, the staff was friendly and accommodating , and the food was very good. I highly recommend this warm and welcoming place to anyone that is looking for an authentic stay. The pub is on the ground floor but it was never loud or bothersome, and there are rooms upstairs that are very comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We went at 5pm to have a meal after a tour at he nearby Aberlour distillery, the guide recommended the place and said we would not have an issue getting a table that early, later may be a problem. On arrival we were greeted with indifference and told they were fully booked, despite only one table being occupied. We decided to stay and try more whiskies, which we did but the staff had basically no knowledge about them. We left 90 minutes later, at that time only 2 tables had been occupied. It struck us that we could easily have eaten as many of their reservations were for 7pm or later. Won't be going back as you are not made welcome.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kevin A
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My family of 5 booked a table last night at The Mash Tun. We all had something different off the menu, each of us described the food as delicious! Good value, excellent choices in a warm cosy environment. Would definitely visit again, staff very welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stopped off in the Speyside area one evening on our way around Scotland. After a great distilleries walk in Dufftown we came to Aberlour for dinner. We were looking for a relaxed "inn" environment with a lively atmosphere and a decent menu and that's exactly what we got at The Mash Tun. They were fully booked but fortunately a couple were finishing early and the waitress kindly offered us their table. Service was efficient and friendly and the food was very tasty and great value. We'll definitely come back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberlour
Dowans Hotel
#3 of 9 in Grantown-on-Spey
Cardhu Country House
Cardhu Country House
#1 of 6 in Aberlour

Been to The Mash Tun? Share your experiences!