“The Opal”
Review of Radstone Hotel

Radstone Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larkhall
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Visited the newly refurbed restaurant today! The surroundings were lovely. There is an extensive menu together with a lunchtime special 2 courses for £10.95 or 3 courses for £13.95 so extremely well priced. The normal menu is good value for money too. The staff were helpful however let themselves down somewhat! For a quick lunch we were there for almost 3 hours which isn't ideal if you were on a timetable! My pasta dish came without the garlic bread which was an oversight both by the kitchen staff and serving staff!! Not good!! The food was of high quality and very tasty but slow service and lack of attention to detail by the staff let this new restaurant down!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hamiltonpuddles

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my friend on a Tuesday night. We were very impressed with how lovely the place is after recent renovations. The staff were nice and there was a wide variety on the menu to suit all!
We both had the chicken dish with peppercorn and brandy sauce and it was delicious.
For dessert, I ordered the strawberry and kiwi pavlova. Desserts aren't cheap so I expected a fair sized portion. However, it was a small meringue that came with cream. It tasted nice but I was expected something a bit better.
Service was good and we had a lovely table at the window so enjoyed the views over dinner.
I just hope it keeps up the good work as before when I've visited the Shawlands, the standard of food has been inconsistent. A lovely meal!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Julzy5
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Don't be deterred by the initial impression as you drive up, for unfortunately the exterior of this excellent hotel bears a strong resemblance to a travel lodge on a windy ridge, especially on an overcast evening, as it was when I first saw it. However as soon as you step inside that impression is blown right away, for this is an originally and beautifully decorated hotel, a brilliant blend of modern and classic, and this quality of decor extends to all parts of the hotel, or at least those I visited. The very large 'organ' bar manages to be both spacious and intimate, as does the dining room - the honeymoon suite my friends were unhesitatingly given at no extra charge because their allocated room was not quite ready [due to a large function the previous evening] was huge and superbly appointed. From the moment we entered the staff, from reception to management, were most friendly, helpful, and efficient, and the bar waiter was champions league material. The quality of food, service and accomodation over our two-day stay could not have been better, and I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Allan J
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a family reunion with cousins from Australia here and other family memebers. Although the renovations were still ongoing, the dining area had been set up in the Reception/Lounge and was very comfortable. Service was generally good but there were some delays in catching the waiters' eye when we needed more wine.

Everyone was pleased with the food except me as my sea bass was miniature! I was compelled to take the cheese board afterwards to make up for the minnow-sized sea bass. 1st course scallops were delicious!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gavin N
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was married in the hotel in October 2013 and since then I have made a couple of trips back to the Shawlands Park as I am literally in love with it!

I booked a room for my husband's birthday (which also happens to be Valentine's Day) and on arrival at the hotel, we were given such a warm welcome by the staff. It was really lovely. It was nice that they knew who we were and were interested to know how things had been going since the wedding etc. The reception also upgraded us to a family room which was lovely! Massive bed, sofa, two tvs, massive bathroom with double shower and bath....well it was luxury! To top it all off, the rooms, common areas, bar etc. are immaculately clean. There is a very high attention to detail.

We also dined at the hotel and treated ourselves to a full three course meal. Every course was amazing; the chefs really do the hotel proud when it comes to the food!

I hope I wasn't too awkward a bride (I don't think I had any Bridezilla moments) and they will be happy to see me again! In fact, we're going back to stay in the Honeymoon suite again to celebrate my birthday...can't wait! If you're ever in the area, even for something to eat, give it a try, you definitely will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackanory84
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I first came across this hotel by chance, walking down to it from the village were i was staying looking for somewhere to eat and have a drink. Entering from the front and looking down to the ORGAN bar was very impressive. I was made to feel at home by the bar staff even though on that occasion i was not staying there.
Last week i had business in the same area and booked a night at the hotel being so impressed with it on my first visit. It didn't let me down what a lovely hotel certainly one of the best i have stayed in.
Very smart, clean, and superb value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank OwenJackson
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband is in a small, local photography club, Lesmahagow Photography Society, and tonight was their 30th anniversary Presentation Dinner. It's a small-ish company, 30 of us, and we had a lovely 3 course meal (a pre-set meal), presented by pleasant staff in a really nice private room which was free of charge to hire. The room was beautifully set out, and made for an easy going sociable event. The staff were also very helpful in setting up the room, with a table for the awards, and facilities for a slide show of the winning photographs to be shown as a background setting to our evening. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as we did, and I'd definitely recommend this venue for a similar event (here's hoping we can return for our Christmas dinner!). Thanks to all the staff

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank elainecare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larkhall
The Popinjay Hotel and Spa
Avonbridge Hotel
Avonbridge Hotel
#2 of 4 in Hamilton
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel

Been to Radstone Hotel? Share your experiences!