“Another fabulous visit”

Radstone Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larkhall
“Another fabulous visit”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Visited for dinner tonight as we are getting married here next year and we wanted to check out the new restaurant. We are huge fans of the food here and had high hopes for the new menu. We werent disappointed. Lots to choose from and tasty as ever. Our starters of tempura chicken and indonesian chicken skewars were delicious and cooked to perfection. My fiance opted for the calzone and i tried the carbonara, no complaints about either dish. After all that we still had room for dessert. I had the mango and coconut panacotta and my goodness i have never tasted something so good. Staff were welcoming and friendly and the atmosphere was laidback. The new restaurant looks fab and we cant wait to have our wedding here. Dont hesitate to visit, it will be well worth it!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Veronica C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We called in for an early meal en route to another appointment, and almost overstayed due to the relaxed atmosphere! The staff were very welcoming and the food was well presented and flavoursome. We had not been here since a funeral meal some years ago and were very pleasantly surprised at the massive changes made in that time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank JAMES P
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Visited the newly refurbed restaurant today! The surroundings were lovely. There is an extensive menu together with a lunchtime special 2 courses for £10.95 or 3 courses for £13.95 so extremely well priced. The normal menu is good value for money too. The staff were helpful however let themselves down somewhat! For a quick lunch we were there for almost 3 hours which isn't ideal if you were on a timetable! My pasta dish came without the garlic bread which was an oversight both by the kitchen staff and serving staff!! Not good!! The food was of high quality and very tasty but slow service and lack of attention to detail by the staff let this new restaurant down!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hamiltonpuddles
Stonehouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my friend on a Tuesday night. We were very impressed with how lovely the place is after recent renovations. The staff were nice and there was a wide variety on the menu to suit all!
We both had the chicken dish with peppercorn and brandy sauce and it was delicious.
For dessert, I ordered the strawberry and kiwi pavlova. Desserts aren't cheap so I expected a fair sized portion. However, it was a small meringue that came with cream. It tasted nice but I was expected something a bit better.
Service was good and we had a lovely table at the window so enjoyed the views over dinner.
I just hope it keeps up the good work as before when I've visited the Shawlands, the standard of food has been inconsistent. A lovely meal!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Julzy5
Edinburgh
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Don't be deterred by the initial impression as you drive up, for unfortunately the exterior of this excellent hotel bears a strong resemblance to a travel lodge on a windy ridge, especially on an overcast evening, as it was when I first saw it. However as soon as you step inside that impression is blown right away, for this is an originally and beautifully decorated hotel, a brilliant blend of modern and classic, and this quality of decor extends to all parts of the hotel, or at least those I visited. The very large 'organ' bar manages to be both spacious and intimate, as does the dining room - the honeymoon suite my friends were unhesitatingly given at no extra charge because their allocated room was not quite ready [due to a large function the previous evening] was huge and superbly appointed. From the moment we entered the staff, from reception to management, were most friendly, helpful, and efficient, and the bar waiter was champions league material. The quality of food, service and accomodation over our two-day stay could not have been better, and I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Allan J
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a family reunion with cousins from Australia here and other family memebers. Although the renovations were still ongoing, the dining area had been set up in the Reception/Lounge and was very comfortable. Service was generally good but there were some delays in catching the waiters' eye when we needed more wine.

Everyone was pleased with the food except me as my sea bass was miniature! I was compelled to take the cheese board afterwards to make up for the minnow-sized sea bass. 1st course scallops were delicious!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gavthetrav
Glasgow
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was married in the hotel in October 2013 and since then I have made a couple of trips back to the Shawlands Park as I am literally in love with it!

I booked a room for my husband's birthday (which also happens to be Valentine's Day) and on arrival at the hotel, we were given such a warm welcome by the staff. It was really lovely. It was nice that they knew who we were and were interested to know how things had been going since the wedding etc. The reception also upgraded us to a family room which was lovely! Massive bed, sofa, two tvs, massive bathroom with double shower and bath....well it was luxury! To top it all off, the rooms, common areas, bar etc. are immaculately clean. There is a very high attention to detail.

We also dined at the hotel and treated ourselves to a full three course meal. Every course was amazing; the chefs really do the hotel proud when it comes to the food!

I hope I wasn't too awkward a bride (I don't think I had any Bridezilla moments) and they will be happy to see me again! In fact, we're going back to stay in the Honeymoon suite again to celebrate my birthday...can't wait! If you're ever in the area, even for something to eat, give it a try, you definitely will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackanory84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Larkhall
Popinjay Hotel
#1 of 1 in New Cumnock
Best Western Cartland Bridge Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
BEST WESTERN Motherwell Centre Moorings Hotel

Been to Radstone Hotel? Share your experiences!