Bayview Hotel
US$188
  • Restaurant
US$136
Agoda.com
Inn on the Coast(Portrush)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$161
Travelocity
Cromore Halt Inn(Portstewart)
US$124
TripAdvisor
All reviewsporthole restaurantsuperior roomview of the baywindow seatrestaurant staffgiants causewayan evening mealsmoked salmonwaiting staffexcellent hotelopen firesteakantrim coastjacuzzi bathbeautiful locationfew drinksshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I reserved a table for a party of four in the restaurant on a Sunday for an early-evening meal. It was quite busy, the staff coped well and our meals arrived promptly. I had salmon on lemon potato, my family had chicken in a very-creamy pasta sauce, a burger and another fish meal. The food was hot but nothing special, for the price we were paying I expected some culinary flair, alas, it was just basic cooking. My granddaughter said her burger was nice, it came with a very small bowl of skinny fries and cost almost £11. The pasta had far too much cream in it, it was overpowering. Maybe some of the other meals are more appealing. We were disappointed, we had basic meals at a premium prices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Norbert
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were staying at this hotel as my partner was playing at the Solstice Festival at Dunluce Castle.
All I can say is what a fabulous place! The view is breathtaking, pretty much from every room we could see.Staff were friendly, and we met the manager, who was a lovely chap!
The bedroom, was large, with amazing views.It was helped by being gloriously sunny,, but I am sure that it would be a stunning place to stay in any weather.What a view to wake up to..very comfy beds, we didn't want to get up!
Portballintrae is an absolute gem, it reminds me of 1950s English seaside resorts.No vulgar touristy shops, and an unspoiled clean beach.
The food was very good too, and the party that was arranged after the gig was great fun.
Everyone was jealous when I showed them my photos!
Would love to come back here some time, and explore the coast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent the weekend in the Bayview and were not disappointed, we had a room with a seaview which was perfect. The room was clean, the ensuite clean, and the bed was comfortable. We are a good sitting area perfect for watching the sunset. There is free wifi in the hotel which is great. The breakfast was good, the service and friendliness of the staff was first class. This hotel is great value considering its position over looking the bay. The restaurant is very busy but the noise does not travel up to the rooms.
We did have an evening meal, which was good but not excellent,

Room Tip: Executive rooms have a good sitting area and large bay window
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Did a one night stay here, highly recommend it, lovely food, friendly staff,hotel is spotless and fabulous views over looking the bay both from my room 201 and the restaurant,,if you're into golf or just walking it's on your door step

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is right on the water, and we had terrific water views from our room and small balcony. The rooms are certainly not "posh" but are quite nice. The restaurant is good and reasonably priced. Quiet area a plus.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple