Hazeldene Guest House
Hotels.com
US$86
US$82
US$68
Premier Inn Goole Hotel(Goole)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
South Milford Hotel(South Milford)
US$84
US$81
US$126
PremierInn.com
US$82
US$56
Travelodge
Best Western Plus Milford Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$72
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshonesty bara great place to stayb bthe trans pennine trailbreakfast was freshly cookedmissed breakfastcomfortable family roomtwin roomclose to town centrefantastic breakfastnice roomcar parkfree wifienjoyed our staya lovely stayshort walknight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here for a night and found it very welcoming and clean. Bedrooms had everything you could want, tea & coffee, flat screen tv, hairdryer etc but décor a bit tired. Beds very comfortable so had good nights sleep. Lounge and dining room very good and excellent breakfast with lots of choice and well cooked. Very good value for money, would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This is the best place to eat in Selby. Don't mistake in-expensive for cheap. It might be two courses for a fiver but the food is homely and well cooked. Sue and the family always give a warm and friendly welcome. Book and you will not be disappointed.

P. S. At £2:00 for a large glass of wine you will not drink for better value either.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Friends recommended, so we all went out & had a fantastic evening. Mixed Grills to die for (Please order in advance, so we can fully prepare). Also had steak & Barnsley Chop, yummy then cheesecake for the boys!.
This isn't any old eating establishment, its good old Yorkshire Fayre with the banter to go with it!
Very quirky, starting with help yourself drinks & an honesty box on the bar (we didnt trust ourselves with this huge responsibility, so wrote everything down & paid at the end!) Go try & enjoy!!

Room Tip: We live locally, so didn't stay, but if the rooms are as good as the hospitality I'd try any room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Allison W
hazeldeneSelby, Owner at Hazeldene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are really pleased you enjoyed your meal and would recommend us. We look forward to seeing again

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Having read the reviews I was looking forward to my 2 night stay. Unfortunately I stayed on one of the hottest weekends of the year (Aug 2013)and the room was like an oven! I opened the window on arrival at 6pm (thought it might have been opened ready for my arrival) and left it open all night but still the room temp didn't go down. A fan was provided but because of the location of the power points I had to plug it on the far side of the room from the bed and couldn't feel any air movement. I stayed in the twin room shown in the photo (the one with the green runners on the beds) but the electric lead for table lamp between the beds didn't reach the socket and the individual bedlights didn't work either! I resorted to dragging one of the beds to one side and moving the table that lamp was, on to enable the cable to reach, so that I could have working bedside light!. Having said all that - the breakfast was fantastic - I didn't need to eat again until the evening! Might stay again if needs be - but in a different room!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mayennaise
hazeldeneSelby, Owner at Hazeldene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. As you can see from our previous reviews we are a friendly bunch and you only needed to ask at the time, as the plug points are positioned just behind the bedside table, I would have gladly plugged these in for you then your issues with the bedside light and fan would have been easily resolved in no time at all, as opposed to ‘dragging’ furniture around. I can only assume that a previous guest required the sockets for another use and unplugged them; however I will ensure that we check plugs have been reinstated, after each guest. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast.

Unfortunately I am unable to control the weather and now winter is setting in I would gladly welcome back those summer days! Fans are provided in every room all year round, along with extra bedding, pillows and even hot water bottles for the comfort of our guests.
Kind Regards
Donna

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My friend and I were cycling the Trans Pennine Trail and pre-booked this lovely place 2 months before. As we were cycling we needed secure storage for our bikes, this was provided in a big locked shed, in the back garden. Our en-suite twin room was big and spacious and very clean.
The owners Susan and Kelly, were really warm and friendly towards all guests. We had pre-booked our tea ( dinner ) which was nicely cooked and served. Breakfast was good and sufficient for a healthy appetite.
Overall excellent value for money, I would heartily recommend staying there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank priceless ADI
hazeldeneSelby, Owner at Hazeldene Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we are really pleased you enjoyed both our guest house and restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards