“Absolutely perfect location and lodge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Selby
Yellowtop Country Park
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We have just returned from a weeks stay at Yellowtop (Lodge 5). On arrival you just look at the board to see which lodge ku are n and go straight to it, the lodge is unlocked (key in door) and ready for you. The lodge itself was lovely and clean and there was a supply of tea/coffee making stuff so you can have a cuppa after your long drive (3.5 hurs in my case). I was staying with my two kids who had the twin bedroom and I was pleasantly surprised at just how roomy the lodge was. Outside we were overlooking the lake, it's beautiful. There was plenty of room between the lodge and lake for the kids to play without worrying about an impromptu swim! Additionally the lodges are far enough apart not to feel like you have neighbours but close enough to feel safe at night. It was lovely and peaceful day and night. The lodge was well equiped throughout including TV, DVD, cd/radio, microwave and the bit the kids loved the most... Wifi. The lodge we had didn't have a hottub so I think when I book for a short break with my other half (baby sitting permitting!) I'll book one with a tub as I hear you can lay there staying up at the stars at night. All in all, excellent lodge, excellent location, friendly staff and not too far away from 'days out' for all to enjoy.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
yellowcentral, Manager at Yellowtop Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hi there!

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear that you thought that the lodge was well equipped and spacious :) we do try!

The fact that you are thinking of coming back to a hot tub lodge is fantastic, and we would love to see you here again!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Sat fishing whilst writing this review about yellowtop country park, where to begin on arrival there is none of the messing about of signing in etc. Your name is on a board and your lodge number and you drive down to there lodge were upon arrival you walk into your nice and clean cosy lodge can only describe it, The first thing we did after unpacking was to get in the hot tub which is an added bonus to your holiday then the fishing side you can catch fish all day here they love pellets and bread to actually walk a few yards to the lake is excellent especially for those with a disability, There are even some lodges right on top of the lake with your own private peg how good is that, The staff in the office and the maintenance staff are so helpful and friendly nothing is to much trouble for them, Then besides the fishing we brought our springer spaniel on holiday with us and there is a country walk which runs along side of the lodges called the rail trail and it goes for miles and he absolutely loved it and so did we so for those people who like to relax do a spot of fishing and walking the dog you cannot go wrong going to yellowtop country park, Then there is York on the park and ride and the designer outlet were you park to catch the bus which is good for those who like to shop.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi there :)

Thank you for your fantastic 5* review!

We do try to make the arrival process as easy as possible - it just helps everyone to start relaxing a bit quicker!
It's nice to hear that you thought our staff were very helpful, that's always nice to hear :) and it sounds like you made good use of the walks too!

Hopefully we might see you back here again in the future :)

Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

I came on my hen weekend with the girls 2years ago and when it was my turn to book the wedding anniversary surprise for my husband and myself, I automatically picked yellowtop.
Our 3night break was amazing. We loved the wild oats 2 lodge which was perfect for the 2 of us. We were really impressed with the space and size of the lodge!
Yellowtop is a great place to stay and use as a base to explore. We used the designer outlet park and ride to go into York and have a hassle free wander around the shops and historic city. We also went to the air museum in elvington which was a good day out.
The lodge is in such picturesque surroundings and we enjoyed feeding the ducks and looking at the wildlife.
The best thing for us was definitely the hot tub. I really want one! But may just have to book a return trip to yellowtop ASAP!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Newlywedsontour2011

Hello!

Thank you for choosing Yellowtop again :) I'm glad it lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed some of the wildlife we have here!

It would be great to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed at Yellowtop (Lodge 12) in April for a short break before the birth of our baby in June and we had a really peaceful and relaxing stay. The lodge was right on the lake with a lovely view of the sunset - in fact we actually got engaged out on the verandah on our first night! Short drive to the park & ride for York and retail village. We enjoyed some good meals in Ye Old Red Lion and it's not far from the lodge.

Would highly recommend this as a place to stay if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing break. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R266

Hi there,

A belated Congratulations for your engagement!! :D

I hope the view of the sunset was stunning that night!

Hopefully we will see you back again in the future!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed for 3 nights 29/7-1/8 in Wild Oats II.
Excellent place to spend time to relax with the one you love. Such a peaceful place to unwind, sitting on the balcony over looking the lake whilst watching the ducks and seeing the fish jumping out of the water.
We had a problem on arrival with the hot tub, however this was resolved very quickly by the friendly staff, the service they show to their customers is priceless.
The hot tub is fantastic and very private.
Use the park n ride if visiting York, really not worth hassle of parking and only £5.20 return for 2.
Would also recommend the Jefferson Arms for a meal out.
We have already enquired regarding a stay in December and are looking to book Yellowscot near Dunfermline for a break in October.
I cried when we left as just did not want to leave - we will definately be returning.

1  Thank Northwestfamily

Hello :)

Thank you for your 5* review, and the fact that you are planning on returning and going to Yellowscott means a lot! :)

I'm also pleased to hear that we could solve your hot tub issue quickly, we do try to be as efficient as possible dealing with any problems so that you can get on and enjoy your stay!

Look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have recently got back from three nights at yellowtop country park with my husband, it was my first lodge holiday and was bought it as a present for my 30th birthday, It was amazing, relaxing, clean, peaceful, just what i wanted. The Lodge (wild oats 17) was immaculate, had everything we needed and the hot tub was fantastic. I enjoyed my present so much i have just booked for me, my mum, my friend and my little girl to go overnight as a surprise present for her 40th birthday, I know she will love the relaxing girly hot tub break next week. Can't wait to go back and show the place off. Sarah xx

Room Tip: Wild oats 17 was lovely but they all look perfect
1  Thank Sarah A

Hi Sarah,

It's great to hear when people like their stay so much they book straight away to come back again. It really is the biggest compliment, so thank you very much :)

Look forward to having you back!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was our first stay at Still Rabbit lodges (which is part of the Yellowtop Country Park), but it will most definitely not be our last! Reviews on Tripadvisor and the photos on their website had led us to hope this would be something special but in fact their photos and the reviews do not do it justice. The lodges are fantastically well equipped, very well decorated and furnished and spotlessly clean. We stayed in Bouscat lodge which has a "French" theme - It has a supremely comfortable massive four poster bed and a totally secluded very private Hot-tub which is in an enclosed space through a door leading off the bedroom. The hot tub is open to the elements (so you could get rained on) but the advantage is you can sit and look at the stars in the evening ! Still Rabbit park is very quiet, tranquil and a great place to chill out. Having said that you are only 2 miles from good pubs with excellent food and local shops in Holme-on-Spalding Moor , or just 4 miles from a really good curry place in Bubwith. The Park and ride for York is only 15 miles away, an easy drive mostly through quiet country roads that takes a little over 20 minutes. We came away wishing we had stayed longer than the 3 nights we were there and are already thinking of going back as soon as we can - really cant recommend this place enough

Room Tip: All the lodges on Still Rabbit are to the same fantastic standard :-)
2  Thank Andy63

Thank you for your review, I have responded to you from Still Rabbit's page :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selby
The Grand Hotel & Spa
Park Inn by Radisson York
Hotel 53
Hotel 53
#31 of 47 in York

Been to Yellowtop Country Park? Share your experiences!