“Birthday treat for husband”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Selby
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Wonderful relaxing break. The lodge was amazing so comfortable and luxurious . Met all our needs facilities very good and welcome pack on arrival. Lodge was very clean and spacious lacking nothing at all.The wildlife was very interesting and two ducks joined us for breakfast on the terrace. We stayed in Bouscat the four poster bed and hot tub were exceptional . Really looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Need to look online for various chioces to suit individual needs
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
yellowcentral, Manager at Yellowtop Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you for your review, I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Can I ask that you post your review on the Still Rabbit TripAdvisor page as the Bouscat lodge you have reviewed is on the Still Rabbit site.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed here in September 2013 for a long weekend. The lodge was absolutely beautiful in quiet, tranquil surroundings. The place was decorated in a modern way, to a very high standard throughout. The highlights of the lodge were the four poster bed and the hot tub - although the kitchen, bedroom, living space and bathroom were also well presented.
We would recommend Still Rabbit lodges to any couple looking for a romantic getaway. We were never disturbed throughout the whole weekend and the lodges were well spaced apart from eachother, and the hot tub was within a private area on the decking which gave you more privacy. We could have spent a lot longer there and although the lodges seem a little pricey, they are definitely worth the money!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna_J_30

Many thanks,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just spent a long weekend in July at Yellow top Country Park with my husband , daughter and 2 dogs(Buddy & Dave) A very chilled out break with lovely surroundings and some beautiful sunsets, only noise the birds could ask for a more lovely break paid extra for early arrival to which I was glad sun shining and beautiful blue skies
Added bonus of collecting lovely fresh eggs , our daughter make the best boiled eggs for us each morning .
The lodges are all nicely spaced out ours had a view over the lake where we could watch our daughter fish (too which she had to thank a nice couple who lent her a fishing rod) with it's own private fishing peg
We stayed in Harvest Lodge 15, so we can only comment on our lodge as not seen any of the others
The Still Rabbit adult lodges looked lovely for a couple wanting a quiet weekend escape, could be tempted to take my husband but this was about the family and the dogs
Couple of points that we feel we have to point out , we are non smokers, but on the decking outside the ashtray did not look as if it had being emptied hence when you stood outside you got the smell of cigarettes and we did notice some cigarette stubs around the hot tub area.(Little things) We noticed on some of the lodges that the outside sitting area was different to ours they looked newer , while ours was Ok it didn't look as clean and did look in need of an update
The Kitchen area is well stocked with cooking utensils , and very user friendly.
The Lounge was comfortable enough, but we did feel the settee could have being a bit more modern , along with the dining furniture.
Bedrooms comfortable and lovely very happy with the decor
Slightly disappointed in the bathroom , just needed a little bit of T.L.C.
Hot tub was great, lovely and clean
In general the comments we have made are only our opinions , but even though we had two dogs the lodge it self just needed some little touches to update, we have never took our dogs with us before other than in the family caravan and you do feel that this lodge has being neglected slightly because you allow dogs in it.
All in all loved the place, quietness , ducks swimming on the lake, our daughter catching some big fish, chilling in the hot tub , couldn't ask for a more relaxing break, just the little issues !!
But saying what I have said would I go back a most definite YES!! and not a million miles to travel

Room Tip: If taking children , don't forget the fishing rod, never thought our daughter would love the fis...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi there,

Thank you for your review! It is good to hear that you enjoyed your family break in one of our lodges and the attractions at the park. This year the lake is excellent for fishing, with the fish biting often for both our beginner and experienced fishers.

As to the couple of issues you have, I can only apologise that the cigarette box was not emptied before your arrival. If you had mentioned it at any point to the staff at the park we would have ensured that this was done for you.

Your comments regarding the TLC for the lodge have been passed on and we will assess the lodge. We are aware that over time our lodges need updating but during the peak season it is not always possible to access the lodges to make extensive changes. But please rest assured that just because it is a pet friendly lodge we don't view it any differently to our other lodges.

Hope to have you visit us again soon,

Thanks,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is our second visit and again and again we loved it, so peaceful. Staff are so friendly and helpful. Lodges are well equipped and clean, ideal get away from daily rat race! Again we managed to get some eggs from the hens and my son was over the moon. I have already recommended these lodges to friends and will be booking again for next year. Thank you.

Room Tip: If you like fishing choose a lodge near to the lake!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
yellowcentral, Manager at Yellowtop Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi there,

Thank you for your review!

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us again! And that the standard of our lodges didn't disappoint. The fresh eggs are always popular so I'm pleased to hear you managed to get a few.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stated at yellow top country park from the 14 till 18/07/14 , we enjoyed the quietness and also the two ducks that come each day to say hello . The cabin was fabulous . We used the park and ride to get into York , also day out to Scarborough also used the park and ride much better than trying to find parking spaces .
Would think about going agian .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bogr
yellowcentral, Manager at Yellowtop Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Thank you for your review!

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our feathery residents. They are partial to breakfast and have been known to tap their beaks on the doors of the lodges to get some from our non-feathery guests!

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Suprised for my 30th by my wife and son, lovely place to stay so peaceful, the private fishing peg was great no need to pack up so fished as much as possible with plenty caught. The hot tub was great made the evenings very relaxing. I would highly recommend yellowtop to friends and family and will defiantly revisit.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your review!

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! The fishing this year seems to be very popular and the fish co-operating!

Hope your stay was a lovely Birthday treat!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I am very sad to be home from yellow top. My partner surprised me with a visit for my birthday the rooms are so clean the staff are very helpful there's a bus service into York to the shops etc but is only a short drive in the car there's fishing and you can also pick fresh eggs in the morning for breakfast. My Fave part of my mini break was the hot tub I loved it and didn't want to get out I recommend this place to everyone

Room Tip: we stayed in the harvest premiere and was big and in a quiet spot with views of the fishing lake
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelsi M
yellowcentral, Manager at Yellowtop Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for such a great review!

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I hope it was a great Birthday surprise!

Hope to see you again soon!

Yellowtop Country Park

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selby
Cave Castle Hotel & Country Club
Raywell Hall Country Lodge Park
The Wishing Well
The Wishing Well
#6 of 9 in Selby

Been to Yellowtop Country Park? Share your experiences!