“Excellent Value and Great Night Away”

and 1 more site!
The White Cliffs Hotel
Kent
“Excellent Value and Great Night Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here this weekend just gone and staying here was part of the reason we had a lovely weekend. The hotel is ready cosy and the staff make you feel really welcome. It very central to pubs and local shops. We loved the Cliff walks.
I would recommend the hotel and area for a weekend away. The food is good, especially breakfast which is all locally sourced.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Jeanne764

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Sadly we only stayed at this wonderful hotel for one night, on our way to the ferry to Europe. However , from the warm and friendly welcome to the splendid 4 poster bed, this place is one firmly on our list to return to. Excellent food, drink and service in a hotel oozing with personality!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rancho Santa Fe, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a charming little hotel and I enjoyed the staff immensely. They made our party of three feel welcome and went out of their way to answer questions or provide help in the way of calling cabs or recommending local restaurants.

Unfortunately the actual rooms at this hotel were very disappointing and had two of my three "pet peeves" for a hotel room. First of all I stayed on the ground floor in room number 7. This is VERY noisy room! When I say noisy, I mean you can hear everything your neighbor is saying and doing whether they are above you or beside you. Seriously, who wants to hear your neighbors using the bathroom, taking a shower, talking on their cell, etc. I truly hate that about hotels...I believe it is the job of the owners to insulate rooms enough so I don't have to hear my neighbor take a pee. Thank goodness there were no honeymoon couples nearby!

Secondly, I hate it when you are in the shower and the water goes from hot to cold and back again. It is not enjoyable and you find yourself constantly fiddling with the water temp just to finish with your shower.

I'm sure these two things are typical of old hotels so I'm suggesting that if these things bother you please book elsewhere. The hotel is adorable but personally I'm there to get a good night sleep and I'm lucky I had earplugs, it certainly cut out some of the noise. Without them I probably wouldv'e considered changing locations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Twotouch
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

After a long journey on the road all day we arrived late at the White Cliffs and couldn't make the most of the lovely garden spaces and beer garden. We were in time for dinner though and would mirror a lot of the previous comments in that this is great value for money, fresh and tasty. The only downside for us was a slightly odd service that meant drinks missed, menus not brought for desserts etc - it was maybe due to Saturday night business and could have passed as relaxed, but was a little frustrating as we were very tired after our journey.

The rooms were lovely with seaside feel and comfortable bed. Only let down were the noise sharing with neighbouring rooms! Nothing that ear plugs wouldn't solve for a next stay.

Would definitely recommend for an overnight or weekend along the coast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank RuthMath
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I wanted to treat my husband for a nice weekend away in the UK and when we got the livingsocial voucher I went for it. Upon arriving we did not really get a welcome apart from the keys and when asking about breakfast/spa times the receptionist did not know. The smell of wet dog upon entering didn't really help first impressions! We were meant to have a Kent Fizz for arrival but had to chase in the evening. The menu was mediocre and excessively overpriced albeit we both enjoyed the fish as the main. The hot tap in the bathroom sink wasn't working at all and the rooms are very tired plus the energy saving lightbulbs don't really help. We didn't ask for our towels to be cleaned just for 2 nights, but we found them just refolded (just hope my husband avoided my make up covered towel!)...the Inn's "brochure" was inadequate and not a single member of staff even bothered asking if we were enjoying our stay, whether we knew the area - not even upon leaving! Not surprising we discovered locals don't go there and we certainly won't go there again nor recommend it. I was looking forward to the spa that was included in the package but the staff couldn't be bothered to give us proper directions and we then discovered it wasn't really accessible by foot. Absolutely atrocious service - or rather a place "left to die" though it has so much potential! And I forgot to mention stains on the bed covers... nor someone else's shower gel left on the shower curtain... absolutely gross!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank vero2602
Walletts, Owner at The White Cliffs Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
We're in touch with Veronika to see if we can bring some happiness into her life. Here follows a snippet of the correspondence sent to her...

...

Dear Veronika

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we'll do everything we can to make improvements in all the areas that you have highlighted in your online review.

Me and my family have been in the hotel business here for over 30 years and we really do love living and working in this place and Wallett's Court.

Occasionally we do get it wrong and it appears your stay fell well below expectations. So we're all really sorry and upset too.

We really do have a lot of people that love what we do too and we do have a loyal, local following of lovely customers who come to us all the time.

We'd love to have you back again to show that we really do care, but it looks like that won't be happening anytime soon.

I wish we could have had the opportunity to put things right whilst you were with us, but now that time has passed all we can do is apologise.

......

There's more to add, but we'll see how things pan out before we publish any thing further here.

Here's hoping we can be friends and spread a little happiness and love.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here while working in Dover. It's lovely. Great food & service. The staff are really helpful and charming. The hotel and rooms have stylish, individual character, much nicer than staying in a corporate hotel. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank goochie60
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

My boyfriend and myself stayed here this week for 2nights on the living social deal.
We arrived on Wednesday afternoon and were quickly showed to our room which was very comfortable and spacious.
That evening our table was booked for 1930 in the restaurant. When we ventured downstairs we were told we could not be seated yet but to get a drink and relax. We had our glasses of Kentish fizz from the deal while we were waiting and sat outside.
While we were waiting one of the gentlemen came out and took our order. They had sold out of the fish off the living social menu but were told we could have anything we wanted off the main menu as a substitute.
Our meal was excellent and so was the service. We were so stuffed when it came to dessert but asked if we could take it to our room. This was done with nothing seeming like it was too trouble.
Jonathan and Tom served us that evening and were extremely helpful.

Breakfast on both mornings was lovely as well with them allowing us to have the eggs Benedict instead of the full English stipulated by the deal.

We ventured to the spa at the sister hotel for a couple of hours. I found the spa to be far from luxurious and very uninviting. We didnt have any treatment but just used the facilities. I would not recommended, especially if you have to pay.

TheLiving Social deal was of excellent value and is highly recommended.

The rest of our stay was just as enjoyable with the friendly staff being an asset. A lovely relaxing break which was much needed.

Room Tip: We had room 3 which was very spacious but probably not ideal if you are a light sleeper, with a lot...