“Disappointing stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Margaret's at Cliffe
St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing stay”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Several years ago I wouldn't have wrote a negative review on this park but having stayed at this park two to three times per year for mainly weekend breaks over the last ten years, I have to say the accommodation has gradually gone downhill.
I had a problem on the last stay and haven't had any email returned or apology regarding my issue.
Cleaning standards have lapsed, mould on curtains, stains on furniture, OK we mainly stay in bronze due to hardly being in it for the time we're there but still no excuse park resorts.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Park R, General Manager at St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page. Reviews are gratefully received be they positive or negative.

We are sorry that you were not happy on this occasion with your accommodation and all of your comments have been passed on to our accommodation team for review.

I am sorry that you have not as of yet received a response back from the park direct, if you have still not heard anything from the park to date please email the General Manager direct on general.manager@park-resorts.com – and except our sincere apologies for the delay.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review the park and its accommodation and we hope to see you back on the park in the very near future.

01304 853 262

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Have stayed on the park before, great for visiting family and friends in the area. The staff as always were fantastic. The bungalow was very poor , reminiscent of 60`s student accommodation . I understand it is an owners property managed by Park resorts and do not hold Park resorts responsible. They did everything they could to improve matters , we cannot thank them enough. It has not put us off the park and we are staying in the hotel next week . I would advise anyone booked in to bungalow 22 to refuse it. Thanks again to the great staff.

Room Tip: Do not stay in bungalow 22
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our Trip advisor page. Feedback is always gratefully received be it good or bad; it is the only we can learn, evaluate and improve.

We are disappointed that you were unhappy with your accommodation and that on this occasion it did not meet your expectations. We have taken all of your feedback on board and have already contacted the owner reference your feedback and passed your comments on to them.

Please except our apologies that you were unhappy on this occasion with your accommodation. We are really happy however that you love the park, its location and staff and that you are planning on visiting us again.

We look forward to seeing you then.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The entertainment staff Martin and Becki are excellent and are great with the kids, and are very lively and friendly, they must of made our holiday. The site is very clean and if you have a problem then they see to it straight away. I can't fault anything wrong. The bar staff and the staff at reception are very friendly. Excellent holiday.

• Stayed October 2013
Hello – Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our trip advisor page.

It is always really heart-warming to receive such positive feedback. I will pass on your comments to our Entertainments team and ensure they are aware of the positive review you have left for them. Both Becky and Martin have done an outstanding job for us this year and we are thrilled they delivered some amazing memories for you and your family.

Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

All I can say is - WOW! I just got back from a 4 night mid-week stay in a Silver Bungalow and I have completely fallen in love with the place - After 2 attempts to extend my stay (But they was fully booked due to it being Half Term the following week), I was extremely sad to leave! It is perfect if you like solitude, peace and quiet, Yet not too far from everything.
The Bungalow was immaculately kept and had everything you could possibly need.
I want to say a huge Thank you to all the staff for my perfect stay - and especially to the cleaning lady, Tina, who done a fantastic job of making it spotlessly clean before my arrival and also the young guy who done the evening entertainment, his enthusiasm and energy was extraordinary - I was tired just watching him, his particular assertion of Narky the Aardvark was amusing and the evening ended perfectly for me when I won a bottle of wine and certificate for a full house on Disco Bingo.
I didn't get to try the Swimming Pool and other facilities because I was seeing the sights alot and was tired by the time I got back, I have re-booked for next year, so will definitely give them a try next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Park R, General Manager at St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page. Feedback is gratefully received and vital if we want to improve and evaluate the service we offer.
It’s always so rewarding to receive feedback such as this. The team here work very hard and I will ensure each of them is aware that you mentioned them on trip advisor and that you had a fantastic stay. Martin our Entertainment Manager has done an outstanding job this year and works very hard to deliver exceptional service. I will pass on your comments to Tina who along with the rest of the accommodation team will be thrilled to know that you have mentioned them and the brilliant work they do. Hopefully when we see you again in the future you will be able to take advantage of the swimming pools. Thank you again for your comments.
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had a very comfortable stay in a Bronze Bungalow and we're pleasantly surprised with the surroundings. Having stayed in caravans near coast before, we took hot water bottle as beds always feel damp. Would recommend as a base for traveling around the coastal area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time post your review on our Trip advisor page. I am so glad that your expectations were more than met in regards to the park, its facilities, standards and service. We are in an amazing location with loads to see and do. I am delighted that you took full advantage and visited some of the amazing places around us. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Visited on a 3 night weekend break in early July , stayed in a 2 bed silver Bungalow . It has modern fixtures and fittings in the kitchen and lounge, we too had the same damp feel through out the bungalow as pointed by other reviewers. We stayed with our 1 year old son and he enjoyed playing in the grass opposite to the bungalow and the whole park is very well maintained.
The swimming pool is excellent and they had a float for our son to use in the kids pool area.With the little one, we didnt get a chance to check out any of the entertainment shows etc.We visited dover castle, white cliff and it took us only half a day.
The park has a small grocery store that open after 8/9 am and close by 6 PM, you could buy items like milk, coffee, beer etc. There is an AsDA supermarket in dover city 15 minutes drive from the park. I would recommend this as it is priced moderate, quiet location and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that on the whole you found your accommodation to be of a good standard. I have passed on your comments regarding the bathroom and suite to our Housekeeping department. I am sorry that you found the bungalow to feel a little bit damp; this is something that I will look into. We are a leisurely park and as such our entertainment programme does get scaled down according to the time of year. I am happy however that the entertainment team worked hard to give you an enjoyable evening. It’s wonderful that our guests take advantage of our location; we are indeed perfectly situated for our holiday guests to explore the rich surroundings.
Thanks you again and we hope to see you back on park very soon.
St Margarets Bay Holiday Park
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We wished to stay at the park to visit the local area so we opted for a basic caravan. We thought it would be tired, basic and just somewhere we could lay our heads. We were very surprised! We were upgraded to a summer supreme caravan. It was a Beautiful, modern and clean . The park itself is in a great place - only a 10 minute drive to the white cliffs, dover castle and town. Overall, a great and impressive stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post you review on our trip advisor page. It is always fantastic to read that our guests have had an enjoyable stay, that our accommodation exceeded your expectations and that you made the most of our amazing unique location.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near St Margaret's at Cliffe