“Definitely recommend”
Review of Red Lion - CLOSED

Red Lion
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This place is a hidden gem, serving absolutely fantastic food at pub prices. Other customers were raving about the food as well. Some good real ales on tap as well. Will be going back.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Absolutely fantastic local pub, welcoming friendly bar staff, lovely atmosphere and a great night every time I come in! Would definitely recommend to a friend and will be spending my 21st birthday in here!

2  Thank Melk04

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ive revisited this fantastic establishment on numerous occasions over the last few months.
And i can honestly say, with hand on hip, it just keeps getting better and better.
Now along with a fine array of ales, bitters, ciders and strategically placed Corgi car models, the Red Lion now boasts its very own pool table.
Which i have been informed is proving very popular with both locals and randoms alike.
Unfortunately due to my age, all types of pub sports are strictly forbidden.
But this does leave me with ample time to idle away many hours standing at the bar supping a delicious cold beverage whilst waxing lyrical to whoever will listen.
My only slight niggle is as i am no going slightly deaf, the music could do with a tad more volume, as this can sometimes be a strain to hear.

Do not even get me started on the crisps and nuts selection available.
My they look good.
I am getting married shortly for the eighth time (fingers crossed)
And may wee enquire if the service and reception can be held there with a James Bond theme.
A touch of class.
I love this pub and wish i could move closer, as the twenty five hour round trip does wear me out some.
I will return.

3  Thank travis b
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We we're visiting St Margaret's at cliffe today so we decided to have Sunday lunch here at The Red Lion pub, the hospitality was brilliant felt really welcoming with a lovely atmosphere and it has to be said the roast dinner was one of the best we have had, will definitely be visiting again,,,

Thank you,, will be highly recommending you :-))

2  Thank Murrays1
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Popped into the Red Lion sunday whilst staying at a local hotel. The food at the red lion was so much better quality and value for money. Ended up having a few drinks with the locals which turned into a geart evening.Thanks to John and the locals for making us feel so welcome.

2  Thank Russell H
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Red Lion St Margaret’s at Cliff offers honest to goodness pub food. We had dinner there on Sat 22nd March 2014. We both chose the steak pie which was delicious, reasonably priced with very generous portions. This is not a ‘food by computer’ chain type pub or indeed a gastro pub. It is what has become a rarity, a friendly local pub serving good food.

2  Thank Skimble2014