“Further disappointment”
Review of Red Lion - CLOSED

Red Lion
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: This place is a hidden gem, serving absolutely fantastic food at pub prices. Other customers were raving about the food as well. Some good real ales on tap as well. Will be going back.
Dover, United Kingdom
“Further disappointment”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A year ago (24.4.2013) I wrote that the web site indicated food was available Mon-Weds of a light variety. Sadly a year later the web site remains unaltered & incorrect.

It seems reviews vary from one extreme to another for this village Pub. Given that there are probably 4 other Pubs in the village one would have thought competition was keen but I'm afraid I will not give this Pub another chance.

Their loss, well perhaps not, but a short drive to The Chance @ Guston led to an excellent lunch & in a very nice setting.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ian s

“Definitely recommend”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Absolutely fantastic local pub, welcoming friendly bar staff, lovely atmosphere and a great night every time I come in! Would definitely recommend to a friend and will be spending my 21st birthday in here!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Melk04
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
“Shaken - not stirred”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ive revisited this fantastic establishment on numerous occasions over the last few months.
And i can honestly say, with hand on hip, it just keeps getting better and better.
Now along with a fine array of ales, bitters, ciders and strategically placed Corgi car models, the Red Lion now boasts its very own pool table.
Which i have been informed is proving very popular with both locals and randoms alike.
Unfortunately due to my age, all types of pub sports are strictly forbidden.
But this does leave me with ample time to idle away many hours standing at the bar supping a delicious cold beverage whilst waxing lyrical to whoever will listen.
My only slight niggle is as i am no going slightly deaf, the music could do with a tad more volume, as this can sometimes be a strain to hear.

Do not even get me started on the crisps and nuts selection available.
My they look good.
I am getting married shortly for the eighth time (fingers crossed)
And may wee enquire if the service and reception can be held there with a James Bond theme.
A touch of class.
I love this pub and wish i could move closer, as the twenty five hour round trip does wear me out some.
I will return.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank travis b
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Best Roast dinner ever”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We we're visiting St Margaret's at cliffe today so we decided to have Sunday lunch here at The Red Lion pub, the hospitality was brilliant felt really welcoming with a lovely atmosphere and it has to be said the roast dinner was one of the best we have had, will definitely be visiting again,,,

Thank you,, will be highly recommending you :-))

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Murrays1
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“"Great friendly local"”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Popped into the Red Lion sunday whilst staying at a local hotel. The food at the red lion was so much better quality and value for money. Ended up having a few drinks with the locals which turned into a geart evening.Thanks to John and the locals for making us feel so welcome.

• Visited March 2014