“Great little pub”
Review of Red Lion - CLOSED

Red Lion
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: This place is a hidden gem, serving absolutely fantastic food at pub prices. Other customers were raving about the food as well. Some good real ales on tap as well. Will be going back.
London
“Great little pub”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We loved visiting this place. John was really friendly and couldn't have been nicer to our two small children. He did apologise for not doing food at present so I can only review as a pub rather than a restaurant. He did, however, make us feel very welcome indeed and even took us to a room out back where he has this amazing stash of Bond memorabilia. This room is earmarked to become a dining area so perhaps the food will be back on when we return, which we will. If you're looking for a nice place to rest a while, where the locals and staff are friendly and welcoming, then you will love it.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank MissusWLondon

Belv
“Good place”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Really good pub, there was 12 of us so the man had to put up with a lot of noise, but didn't moan at all in fact he came out with sweets for the children, which was a nice touch, did try and go there for Sunday lunch but the didn't have the staff to open the kitchen, which was a shame because it would of been nice to eat there

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Julie L
Dover, United Kingdom
“Further disappointment”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

A year ago (24.4.2013) I wrote that the web site indicated food was available Mon-Weds of a light variety. Sadly a year later the web site remains unaltered & incorrect.

It seems reviews vary from one extreme to another for this village Pub. Given that there are probably 4 other Pubs in the village one would have thought competition was keen but I'm afraid I will not give this Pub another chance.

Their loss, well perhaps not, but a short drive to The Chance @ Guston led to an excellent lunch & in a very nice setting.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ian s
“Definitely recommend”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Absolutely fantastic local pub, welcoming friendly bar staff, lovely atmosphere and a great night every time I come in! Would definitely recommend to a friend and will be spending my 21st birthday in here!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Melk04
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
“Shaken - not stirred”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ive revisited this fantastic establishment on numerous occasions over the last few months.
And i can honestly say, with hand on hip, it just keeps getting better and better.
Now along with a fine array of ales, bitters, ciders and strategically placed Corgi car models, the Red Lion now boasts its very own pool table.
Which i have been informed is proving very popular with both locals and randoms alike.
Unfortunately due to my age, all types of pub sports are strictly forbidden.
But this does leave me with ample time to idle away many hours standing at the bar supping a delicious cold beverage whilst waxing lyrical to whoever will listen.
My only slight niggle is as i am no going slightly deaf, the music could do with a tad more volume, as this can sometimes be a strain to hear.

Do not even get me started on the crisps and nuts selection available.
My they look good.
I am getting married shortly for the eighth time (fingers crossed)
And may wee enquire if the service and reception can be held there with a James Bond theme.
A touch of class.
I love this pub and wish i could move closer, as the twenty five hour round trip does wear me out some.
I will return.