“Afternoon Tea visit”

Price range: US$1 - US$206
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A luxurious menu of modern British cuisine has made the restaurant within the ancient manor house hotel of Wallett's Court in Dover a sumptuous destination in its own right. Robust, inventive flavouring abounds, with accomplished and gutsy cooking producing dishes such as confit of sea bass with sticky port shallots and caramelised noisette potatoes or breast of Gressingham duck with ginger and spring onion rösti. There is a predominantly French wine list, with Sunday lunch and party menu options.
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were given a gift voucher by a friend for a Christmas present so decided to cash it in. The place is wonderful and the greeting was pleasant. As far as afternoon tea goes don't expect the ritz or the savoy but for the money it's not too disappointing. The only thing that was apparent to both my partner and I is that the atmosphere is fairly cold, once you're seated you have no human contact, apart from being served, until you pay the bill. Literally it was almost like sitting in your own lounge which is not what I expected. I wouldn't be in a rush to return but I wouldn't negate suggesting it to others as option for a quiet afternoon

1  Thank Alistair L

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Ate twice in the restaurant during a recent stay, Although choice of food was limited my partner and I enjoyed what was selected. Service was excellent. Prices a little steep.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We were a party of seven so between us made a wide choice off the menu. Not a single criticism. Food and service were all excellent. Recommended.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Went for an afternoon tea for a friends baby shower, everything was delicious and there was plenty of it. Beautiful sandwiches, cake and scones (served with more than enough jam and cream). The staff were very warm and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Thankyou for a lovely afternoon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Booked a table here and was excited to try the menu and I am so glad I did, the food was absolute perfection and looks so colourful. Service was quick and smooth and for what I got and the treatment I received from the staff it was well worth going can't wait to go back !!!