Stayed last night after trip to blackpool air show, looked forward to menu described on internet. Promoted as 'quality food to inspire'. Firstly, all day sunday roast, only served till 3, even though all tables advertise 'all day'. Lounge menu and restaurant menu dishes are the same but differ in price. Restaurant menu £1 less!! Even the waiter, who was suitable embarrassed, was confused by this. We ordered a 'Prime burger and hand cut chips' , and a pizza to share for the 2 kids. The quantity of this approx. 160g burger (5/6oz) and 6/7 chips in a metal pot , served with a small ramekin of coleslaw, did not warrant the cost of £11.50. The pizza was completely burnt on the base, to the point where you could smell it, and inedible. The waiter kindly removed it and returned with a un-burnt one 15 mins later, at which point they had lost their appetite . Breakfast was fractionally better, but cooked to order - NOT. Scrambled eggs where cold, bacon folded during cooking hence hard. On the plus side, plenty of variety, and plenty of waiting on staff , even though they never cleared any item from our table and we stacked it up in a corner. We were very disappointed with MacDonald Hotels as they did not deliver what the promote.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views over the beautiful River Ribble, yet conveniently close to Preston town centre and the M6, Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel has an ideal location. Following a £0.5 million refurbishment, the hotel has just introduced a beautiful new Riverside Bar and Lounge where you can relax and enjoy a beverage from our new Costa Coffee. Join us at the new Scottish Steak Club where imaginatively reworked Scottish favourites are passionately prepared by our world class chefs, using only the finest and freshest produce.In addition a number of our bedrooms are being re-decorated from top to bottom including beautiful new bathrooms and soft furnishings. The hotel has also retained many traditional features, such as wood beams in our restaurant and an open plan lounge, creating a warm and welcoming ambience.Macdonald Tickled Trout is always a popular meetings venue due to our convenient location, well-equipped conference suites and extensive onsite parking. Alternatively, our riverside terrace is the ideal place to enjoy a morning coffee with friends or relax with a pre dinner drink as you take in the views. Guests can enjoy our delicious food and drink and then relax in contemporary en suite accommodation, whilst our versitile function rooms are perfect for weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Tickled Trout
- Macdonald Tickled Trout Bamber Bridge
- Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel Preston/Samlesbury