Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel
US$77
Priceline
US$86
PremierInn.com
Good Night Inns Boddington Arms Hotel(Blackburn)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
No.10 Preston(Preston)
1,676 results
All reviewsconvenient locationriver viewbusiness tripevening meallovely hotelone night staycooked breakfastwould stay againcomfy bedlovely roombar areafamily roommotorwayribbleprestonstopoverblackpool
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Met with a colleague for a business meeting. There is plenty of room in the foyer, lounge and restaurant areas. You can have private discussions. We sat near the windows overlooking the river and that was pleasant. There is a verandah which has tables so you can sit near the river too. We only had coffees and pastries but they were good. I ordered a regular latte. It was quite large so I was glad I did not order a large one. We did not see many staff but they were there whenever we needed anything. It is a good place to meet if you have to travel on the M6 as it is just off J31. We would go again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
anthony p, Manager at Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Good morning DoreenH_10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Please let me know if we can do anything in the future to assist with any meeting requirements.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Anthony Powell
Operations Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel needs soundproofing, because even if you have quiet people in next door, you will hear every electrical plug being inserted and switches clicking, showers running, loos flushing, people talking and coughing. The shower leaked onto the bathroom floor, the shower was pathetic and had not been cleaned. Doors squeaked from a lack of oil and a fire door had been clipped back open with a hook - illegal and didn't help stem the noise. We requested an extra bed during booking and asked on arrival if this had been done. We were assured it had been, but when we got to the room it wasn't there. This wasn't the standard we expected when booking a MacDonald hotel. The room was large and otherwise comfortable but we were kept awake and woke up by neighbours who weren't particualrly noisy!

Room Tip: Ask not to be in room 301, other than that I can't help!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Andy W
robin_ford, General Manager at Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking to provide candid feedback following a recent stay.

I am sorry you were unnecessarily inconvenienced by the neighbouring room, I have not had comments previously to suggest any of our rooms need additional soundproofing, nonetheless I thank you for your comment and I will investigate this in further detail.

All of the doors connecting the bedroom and ground floor corridors are on electromagnetic catches that automatically close upon the activation of the fire alarm, please rest assured that these are tested regularly and are all in working order.

I remain apologetic you didn’t have a great stay and hope despite this setback you will try us again in the very near future.

Remember, book with us direct for the very best prices, guaranteed!

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Having last stayed at The Tickled Trout 30 years ago I was looking forward to seeing if the hotel was as good as I remembered and I can say it certainly was. We enjoyed a spacious room with a view overlooking the river and the staff were very courteous and obliging. Breakfast was superb, served by attentive staff in smart formal uniform. The special deal we booked was very good value and we much appreciated allowance for a last minute change of date.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Macdonald Tickled Trout.

I am delighted you had a great experience and returned 30 years after your last stay. I hope you noticed some changes; there have been many major improvements!

I will share your comments with the team; I hope it won’t be another 30 years until you return again!

Remember, book with us direct for the very best prices, guaranteed!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I love this hotel, excellent accommodation, spotless, superb breakfast friendly staff - excellent, can't wait to visit again, stayed here with my partner as we visited family in the area and we can't fault the place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am absolutely delighted you had a great stay, finding the accommodation spotless, friendly staff and an excellent breakfast.

I look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Remember; book direct for the best rates guaranteed!

Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

On arrival, it looks a bit old, tired and right next to the motorway / service station, we wondered what we had booked.
But having read reviews we were confident, and as soon as you enter your in an environment you expect from a Macdonald hotel!
Nice rooms, very nice bar / restaurant & bar area
Would definitely stay again in passing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following a recent stay at Macdonald Tickled Trout.

We are pleased you had a great stay and would stay again in the near future.

We have invested heavily in the hotel, primarily on the ground floor areas to the tune of around £1m. True to our commitment in continuous improvement and investment in our hotels, the next planned phase is a renovation to the exterior which will start in October.

I sincerely hope on your next visit the exterior will have been completed and you will note a considerable improvement.

Remember, always book direct for the best rates, guaranteed!

Best Regards,