“valentines day treat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Samlesbury
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“valentines day treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

stayed for one night and had a really great time. the room was excellent with a huge comfortable bed. the bar and restaurant were first class. best breakfast i have ever had. good service at all times in all areas. can't wait to go back in june.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny S
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at The BEST WESTERN PLUS Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Jenny S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Samlesbury Hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you had a great time. Your feedback is a huge encouragement to all of the team here and we appreciate your kind comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Samlesbury Hotel in June.

Hospitality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
English in Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Jeanette and I had an excellent time when we booked the Travelzoo break at Samlesbury last Friday to Saturday. It was one of those "spur of the moment" things, basicaly because we had not seen the family in Liverpool since New Year, and Samlesbury is just off the M6, only about 45 minutes drive from Speke. Ideally situated for us then.
Staff were all friendly and approachable with good Lancastrian senses of humour! The room, obviously almost brand new, was spotless and comfortable and was well-appointed, even with a coffee maker as well as the usual kettle. Bathroom excellent and well-lit.
Unhurried dinner, just what we wanted. Freebie glass of prosecco with the starter was a thoughtful touch, a large glass of the medium price Malbec (the only thing we had to pay for above the £99 Travelzoo offer) was perfect for the main course (scrumptious beef pie with mash and about 3 or 4 types of veg), and the cheesecake made for a perfect dessert.
Very restful night's sleep, individually served breakfast with plenty of hearty strong coffee. Unhurried stress-free sign-out at 10 o'clock. No charge for the Saturday Independent (another £1.80 saving!), nice touch. Pottered off to Dinckley and Ribchester for a trip down Memory Lane (my old stomping ground), then to Tarleton and Hesketh Bank (Jeanette's places of origin!) and a pleasant drive down through Liverpool to the family.
All in all a perfect night away, we are planning another before the offer ends on August 31st. Enough said????

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stevemcwarburton
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at The BEST WESTERN PLUS Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear stevemcwarburton,

Thank you for staying with us at Samlesbury Hotel and taking the time to write such a glowing review about your recent stay. Your comments and honesty are invaluable to us.
Your comments were a pleasure to read and I am thrilled to hear that the Staff were all friendly and approachable, the rooms were spotless and comfortable and you enjoyed both dinner and breakfast in Merchants Restaurant.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in August.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this Hotel,the staff were more than helpful.The room was spotless
and clean. Plenty of towels in the bathroom and first class shower unit. The food, we had no complaints at all very hot and plentiful.The staff in the Restaurant were very attentive. We had the opportunity to see the first Event to be held since the renovations"A Tribute to Micheal Buble" it was very good they did say 140 people sat down to a 3 course meal which was well organised everyone got served with hot food.All the staff were very polite Ian and Kylie in the restaurant were pleasant as was the ladies and gentlemen on reception.Not forgetting the great location to the M6 & M55.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shirley R
Dear Shirley R,

We are extremely proud of our staff at Samlesbury Hotel and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our Michael Buble tribute night. We constantly endeavour to surpass our guest’s expectations of service and I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.
We hope to welcome you back to Samlesbury Hotel in the near future.

North Ferriby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've been staying here pretty much constantly for the last 3 months so by that you can tell I have enjoyed the experience, otherwise I would have moved elsewhere. Overall the hotel is excellent, the staff are all very friendly and take time to have a chat to make a business stay very homely. The decor of all areas of the hotel - reception, bar, restaurant, rooms - is very modern and fresh and the cleaniliness of all areas can not be brought into doubt. The menu offers a good range and choice of dishes (and after 3 months I have had most of them! - the only one I felt didn't live up to the rest was the fish and chips) which can be eaten either in the restaurant, in the lounge area or at the bar giving the customer great choice depending on their mood - wanting quite time, eating in front of the tv or sat at the bar and being able to chat to other customers/ satff. Easy parking and good access to the motorway. Check in, as other reviewers have commented on, is bascially at a table in the reception however I see this as a great innovation and just adds to the feel of the hotel (try the homemade biscuits that are usually on recpetion - very nice!). I just wish the leisure facilities had been opened during my stay but I am looking forward to seeing them later in the year when the refurb is finished.

Room Tip: All rooms are very spacious, clean and well presented to a high standard - the layout makes them all...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David S
Dear David S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stays here at Samlesbury Hotel. Your comments were a pleasure to read and I am thrilled to hear you found all the staff friendly and enjoyed our new Reception concept.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel later this year.

England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Bought a voucher for afternoon tea for myself and my husband as a belated 18th wedding anniversary treat. The restaurant and bar area are lovely, very contemporary in design and inviting. We were halfheartedly greeted by a member of staff behind the bar who told us to go through to the restaurant area. We were then shown to our table by a dark haired waitress who looked completely fed up. A huge comparison to the couple who were being shown to a nearby table by a blonde waitress who couldn't have been more helpful, she explained the order the food would arrive in and chatted in a friendly manner to her guests. Our champagne arrived and eventually so did the cakes and sandwiches. Our waitress disappeared quickly as we checked out the sandwich fillings. As I have an egg allergy I had emailed the hotel in advance to ask for egg free vegetarian sandwiches. I was fully aware that I wouldn't be able to eat any of the cakes or scones, however I did expect to be able to eat at least a sandwich. We called the waitress back over to the table and explained the situation. Pointing to an egg mayonnaise sandwich she asked can you not eat that! Reluctantly she said she would ask the chief if it was OK to make up some 'special' sandwiches for me. I was rather upset by this as I had made the effort to contact the hotel in advance. My 'special sandwiches' arrived and they were very nice, shame they didn't get the order right first time, however, the main problem was the attitude of the waitress. We finished our drinks in the bar area and the service in there was far better than in the restaurant. I would return and I would recommend, I think I was just a bit unlucky getting a waitress having a bad day!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NS57
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at The BEST WESTERN PLUS Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear NS57,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review from your recent Afternoon Tea at Samlesbury Hotel.
I was disappointed to learn that your experienced issues regarding your dietary requirements. We have already taken corrective action to ensure our guests have the best possible experience with us and ensure that any requirements and requests are highlighted.
We will also address the issue regarding the staff. As you can see from various other comments we are praised highly on our friendly and helpful staff and we constantly endeavour to surpass our guest’s expectations of service.
Once again, please accept our most sincere apology and I hope that on your return visit we are able to restore your faith in Samlesbury Hotel.

Rotherham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

A very smartly presented hotel, the grounds are well looked after with loads of parking. The reception area set out very different and pleasantly informal.

The staff were very polite, helpfull and professional and check in was swift and well organised.

The rooms are very quiet and well laid out with all you need, a large shower with a decent shower to maintain the temperature with no cold shocks.

The bar area and restaurant are just off reception with good seating and benefits from a well stocked bar.

The staff here and in the restaurant are also very friendly and professional.

The food is of a good standard with reasonable choice and value for money.

The nights sleep was good in the warm and cosy room and the bed was just right as I didn't wake with a body full of aches and pains.

Breakfast the next morning comprised of the best selection I have seen in any establishment.

Cold continental meats and cheeses, cereals and cooked to order breakfasts of ant combination.

A fantastic stay and would deginately go back again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paul B
Dear Paul B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Samlesbury Hotel.
I am delighted that you found all our staff helpful and friendly and I am trilled to hear that our breakfast has the best selection you have seen in any establishment.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Samlesbury Hotel.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just enjoyed a champagne afternoon tea for our first anniversary, which we received as a gift. The young lady who served us was friendly and made sure we were well looked after. A very enjoyable experience!!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AndieDealing
Dear AndieDealing,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor for your recent Afternoon Tea at Samlesbury Hotel. Your comments were a pleasure to read and I am thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable experience.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Hospitality Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Samlesbury
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston
Barton Grange Hotel
Barton Grange Hotel
#5 of 15 in Preston

Been to The BEST WESTERN PLUS Samlesbury Hotel? Share your experiences!