“Fantastic hotel”

Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Samlesbury
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel with my husband and cannot fault any part of it. Staff we're particularly attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Rooms were modern and my husband appreciated the espresso machine. Had evening meal and breakfast and food very impressive. Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Jonesy1975
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Jonesy1975,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Samlesbury Hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here. Your feedback is a huge encouragement to all of the team here and we appreciate your kind comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Samlesbury Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our family and extended family stayed here while attending a wedding at Samlesbury Hall.
We had booked an evening meal for 15 for the evening of our arrival but as we were coming from various parts of the country and due to the horrendous traffic problems that evening we arrived in dribs and drabs. The hotel and particularly the restaurant staff could not have been more accommodating. We were ultimately a party of 21 for dinner which was provided as people arrived . We were in a private part of the dining room behind a glass screen so didn't feel we were imposing on the rest of the diners. We were offered the same facilities for breakfast which was wonderful as we were able to catch up with family. Many of us were booked in for two nights and more wedding guests joined us for the second night. I could not fault the service, efficiency and pleasant manner of all the staff. The rooms were comfortable , clean , newly appointed and the beds were amazing! I even checked under the sheets to see how they had achieved such a comfortable bed.... a really good mattress and a lovely soft mattress topper!
My husband and I had first stayed at the hotel in March to ensure it was suitable to recommend to family and friends for staying somewhere local to the wedding venue. On that occasion we were also completely satisfied and it seems the hotel is maintaining it's very high standards.
Congratulations to the management and all the staff. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.Thank you for making our stay such a lovely family reunion and a very convenient hotel for a wedding at Samlesbury Hall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank VillagersWiltshire
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear VillagersWiltshire,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor for your recent stay at Samlesbury Hotel. Your comments were a pleasure to read.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stopped over at this hotel to break up a journey to the Lake District from Bristol. The hotel is very modern looking, and the staff were very welcoming on arrival. The room was very smart with all mod cons you could ask for, including a very nice coffee machine.

We had dinner in the restaurant, and the food was of a very high standard, and again staff were very helpful and we could have no complaints about the service. Breakfast in the morning was also very good, with an excellent selection.

Would defiantly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Spangles24
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Spangles24,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Samlesbury Hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us and . Your feedback is a huge encouragement to all of the team here and we appreciate your kind comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Samlesbury Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night as was going to a wedding at Samlesbury Hall. Really nice hotel, modern room that was spotless. Shower was huge! Really comfy bed and outside the window was a nice view into fields. Quiet, meaning a goods nights sleep was had. Didn't stay for breakfast but sure it would have been lovely!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank echopark88

Dear Jessica C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor for your recent stay at Samlesbury Hotel. Your comments were a pleasure to read and I am thrilled to hear that you found the beds comfy and rooms spotless.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I stayed for 2 nights here, The hotel itself was very nice, modern and stylish however the main reason for this review is because the staff were excellent. I arrived late and ate a good meal of warm prawn and salmon salad which was delicious. Breakfast was good, with a nice selection of cold buffet and hot choices, although the coffee was a little thin for my taste. We asked staff for a local Italian restaurant and were given 2 recommendations, with directions and a smile. I was flying out and asked to print my boarding pass, this was "no problem". We all checked out very early and asked to pay the bill before we went to bed, this was also not a problem. We were leaving before breakfast was being served, but were still offered and given copious amounts of coffee by the staff member that was setting up the breakfast room. Thank you very much for making our stay a pleasure.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jus40_70
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Jus40_70,

Thank you for your glowing review of both the Hotel and the staff at Samlesbury Hotel. We are extremely proud of our team and it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to surpass our guest’s expectations of service. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.
We hope to welcome you back for another stay soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I cannot fault the food, very fresh, excellent scones, lemon drizzle cake and macaroons. The waitress even gave us an extra macaroon because we didn't like the flavour of one of the original ones. The champagne not to my taste I prefer it drier but wouldn't complain about it. The waitresses were very attentive even though every table was occupied. An excellent afternoon out. Would highly recommend. Last visited over ten years ago - will be back for Sunday lunch very soon.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LancashireTracy

Dear LancashireTracy,

I was thrilled to read your positive review of your recent experience of Afternoon tea at Samlesbury Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read that you couldn't fault the food or the service you received at Samlesbury Hotel and we cant wait to welcome you back soon for Sunday Lunch.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Stayed here on a recent trip to Samlesbury for work, I had been told to avoid by some work friends however I am glad I didnt listen. I think this place suffers from an overhang from the days when it was the Swallow hotel, Ii never stayed there when it was the Swallow so I cannot compare but I can tell you this place is very nice.

It looks recently refurbished, the reception, corridors, dining room and bar all have a fresh feel about them and the hotel looks quite modern inside. The location isnt the best, your right on a busy road with a petrol station/subway opposite however as I mentioned above I was here for work so location wasnt my main priority.

The staff are very friendly, the reception staff were lovely when I checked in, one of them even loaned me her personal phone charger as I had forgotten mine, fantastic service and very polite and kind.

The food is pretty good too, I had a rib of beef pie with mash and veg which tasted very good. My only criticism was the dish it came out in was nuclear hot, seriously this thing felt like it had been in a furnace. The waitress never mentioned it when she brought the food and I nearly took my finger ends off when i moved the dish! i expect the dish to be warm but not finger melting warm! Followed this with some cheese and crackers which were nice without being amazing, couple of the crackers were stale and I would have liked some explanation on the cheeses and if any were local but this wasnt listed anywhere.

Breakfast was good. First morning I had a cooked breakfast which was cooked to order and very tasty using local produce, second morning I had the poached haddock and eggs which were again very good.

I will certainly give this place another try next time I am working in the area

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Imhungry122

Dear Imhungry122,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor for your recent stay at Samlesbury Hotel. Your comments were a pleasure to read and I am pleased to hear that you found the rooms nice, staff friendly and the food enjoyable. I appreciate your comments regarding the hot dinner plate and will pass this feedback to the relevant management.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Samlesbury Hotel soon.

Hospitality Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Samlesbury
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel
Barton Grange Hotel
Barton Grange Hotel
#4 of 15 in Preston
Stanley House Hotel & Spa

Been to Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel? Share your experiences!