Best Western Plus Samlesbury Hotel
US$118
US$88
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Good Night Inns Boddington Arms Hotel(Blackburn)(Great Value!)
US$98
Hotwire.com
US$97
US$89
Priceline
Premier Inn Preston Central Hotel(Preston)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$91
US$77
US$70
TripAdvisor
All reviewschampagne afternoon teatravelzoo dealclub roomnespresso machinesamlesbury hallswallow hotelon arrivalgreat showerfamily weddingfunction roomlovely hotelevening mealbar areathird floorone night stayan overnight staybuffet style
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Visited this hotel using a wowcher voucher for champagne afternoon tea for two for £15.00. The image it showed for the afternoon tea on the wowcher site wasn't what what served to us, it was very disappointing. The hotel is gorgeous but the food a BIG let down. When i rang and booked i told them we didn't want any fish or seafood in the sandwiches and also that we didn't drink, so asked for something not alcoholic instead. The lady took a note of this at time of booking. When we arrived they seemed to know nothing about this, so i asked for no seafood and also asked about a non alcoholic drink and was given red grape juice instead. When the afternoon tea arrived we weren't even offered any choice of tea, just plain normal tea. The sandwiches were tiny but tasted ok, 3 very small fingers with no crust each, a small scone which was dry, jam which wasn't even strawberry like you expect traditionally, very small amount of cream (not enough for 2), a tiny slice of 2 types of cake, wasn't sure on the flavour, one might have been lemon or madeira, the other may have been ginger or bland chocolate, a tiny quiche each which was like eating rubber, some other tiny savouy thing (not sure what it was) and a tiny choc eclair which was just like the buffet frozen mini ones you buy in Iceland! Not worth the money even with the wowcher code, i'd hate to have paid full price for this !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My Husband & I booked a Living Social a Deal for £99 to stay here!
While booking it, I told them we were coming for our Anniversary, so we got an upgrade to a Club Room.
Days before we came, the hotel called to offer us a free Upgrade.... Again, to the Abba Tribute night!
We were presently surprised just to how stunning & beautifully decorated the hotel was.
We had cocktails outside. Later had a fabulous meal & met lovely people! Danced all night!
The staff were so friendly.
Clean comfortable room.
Lovely breakfast.... Would return.

Room Tip: Club room overlooking fields
1  Thank Nikki L
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Arrived 16-00 reception very relaxed no problems booking in.Our room was excellent only downfall we couldn't receive Wi Fi phoned reception said they would give it a boost but no better.We had a few drinks thought the prices were on the expensive side.Breakfast excellent value plenty for all.Hotel overall very nice but a bit on the expensive side don,t think we will be staying there again.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

stayed here for my birthday weekend for 1 night through a Groupon deal which was £79.00, the deal was for 2 people, bed, breakfast and evening meal with a glass of bubbly on arrival, the hotel is very modern and rooms are spacious with everything you need, lovely walk in shower, tea/coffee making facilities, large tv, etc,
the evening meal was a set menu with a good choice and the portions were more than adequate, following our meal we retired to the pleasant lounge to finish off our bottle of wine, Breakfast was very satisfying with a large choice of cooked bacon, sausage and eggs, with lovely pastries and piping hot fresh coffee, this hotel is in a good spot for travelling to the lakes or Lytham st Annes,
well worth the money and would return on the same deal

2  Thank cubasif
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Generally, the hotel is nice and modern, and the breakfast was very nice, but there were a few major problems which meant that, overall, my stay here was a disappointment.

Firstly, there was no hot water available on arrival. I only found out on phoning reception but they must have known when I arrived because they already knew about the problem and I was told that it was down to over- or excessive use! Maybe so but that shouldn't cause problems to a hotel these days. They told me someone was coming to sort out the problem, and there was hot water later that evening, but that was no help to me when I couldn't wash properly before going out that evening.
Secondly, there was no wi-fi, even though it is prominently advertised. The wi-fi was barely available only in the bar area and the man in reception told me that they were intending to install more cabling, etc. to sort out the problem in the near future. Again that didn't help me and was counter to what they claim in their brochures, etc.
Thirdly, and more of an annoyance - the paper I had ordered for the following morning disappeared. Supposedly it had been left outside my room at 07:15 but it certainly wasn't there when I looked at 08:30. The reception said they would get me another one but they didn't. Not the end of the world, and it may well have been free anyway (I'm not sure) but I have read another review here which mentioned another disappearing paper so I wonder if a paper was delivered at all.
Lastly, the design of the showers (at least in my room and one other that I heard about) means that water easily spills out all over the floor. I had to use the floor towel to mop up and then improvise by creating a barrier so that no more water spilled out. They look good and are good but are seriously flawed.

I filled in the card in the room with all these details, along with my contact details, but have heard nothing back. I would have expected at least some sort of reduction on checking-out, having reported all the problems, but nothing. As it stands, I would not go back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family