“ Nice Break”

The BEST WESTERN PLUS Samlesbury Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Samlesbury
“ Nice Break”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Just had a 2 day stay and i must say it was very nice.The staff are very nice and helpful..Room nice and clean. Food was nice. The wife is celiac and they did all could to accomadate her... It is a bit out of the way so a car is a must..

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jaimo158

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here on business. Nice location as not far from motorway and the staff were very polite and accommodating. Room was clean and modern, as was the bathroom. Pleasant bar area with a good range of drinks, it was enjoyable sitting in the bar and reading or finishing some work.
My only main criticism was the food I had on the first night. The rack of lamb was more like "lamb cutlets" and there was only three of the server with a small bowl of veg. I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't for the fact that it cost over £22 for this which was overpriced by far.
In fairness I should have raised my complaint at the time, but as I was tired and just wanted to eat and go to bed, I decided to keep quiet. Therefore I can't be too critical overall.
Otherwise the menu was ok, however I wasn't overwhelmed by the selection, but that is down to my own personal preference.
Breakfast was a different story. Cooked on request and was very nice. Simply couldn't fault it.

There is a gas/sewage smell that creeps into the room from time to time, which I believe us due to a water plant across the road, however it is not at such a pungent level to cause offence.

Overall a nice hotel with good potential. Feels new at the moment so I'm sure it will only get better.

I thank the hotel staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay, The hotel & rooms are modern & clean. Staff were very pleasant & helpful. We booked breakfast & evening meal, both of which were very tasty & well presented, breakfast was buffet style, with something to suit everyone & plenty of it. Drinks prices are high, but that seems to be the norm in hotels. The hotel is close to the city centre & although it is situated on the main road, traffic noise cannot be heard in the rooms.

Room Tip: We were in room 120 which was right at the back of the hotel on the ground floor, No outside noise c...
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a travel zoo break on the 15th and 16th August. The staff were welcoming and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were modern and comfortable with a nice big 40 inch telly. Cable internet is available in the rooms and wifi is available in the public areas. The 3 course set menu was a little limited, so we opted to use our allowances against the restaurant menu, which had plenty of choice. The food was excellent and the service attentive, efficient and friendly. Yes the hotel is on a fairly busy road but accommodation is well back from the road and we couldn't hear the traffic. The hotel is ideally located for visiting Liverpool, Southport, Manchester and the Ribble valley.
My wife and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel .

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night on a Groupon deal which included dinner, bed and breakfast for £79 for two people. The dinner menu was a restricted version although finding something to our liking did not present a problem. The staff were extremely friendly and attentive, in particular Megan.Our room was comfortable and clean although better wall insulation would have been beneficial as next doors TV droned on till 2am. The lack of advertised WiFi was noted.The only downside was the very high price for drinks.Wine at £5.95 a glass and £4.50 a pint of non real ale.
Overall however,we had a most enjoyable stay.

Lytham St Annes
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here on 16th August for a wedding at samlesbury hall. The hotel looks lovely and is just as lovely inside. The staff were very helpful and we managed to check in at 2pm. Our room was disappointing though, it was right at the back of the hotel and very tiny for a double room. My husband had emailed the hotel to ask for a room not on the ground floor which we had but I could not stay in a room of this size for more than one night. The rest of our wedding party had rooms much bigger than ours and I think our room was more of a single room really. We had breakfast which was really nice and again the staff were lovely. We may stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Gateshead
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The frontage gave a great first impression. It was sunny when arriving and the outside seating is at the front of the hotel. Lovely area with plenty of seating. The only slight down side to this was it is facing the main A59 dual carriage way opposite a petrol station, but hey, it was more than fine and when in company talking, you don't really notice it. There are two parking areas, the main one at the left of the hotel and directly outside. Notably for single females and disabled.
The hotel is relatively new and the reception area is ultra modern and welcoming. The staff are very professional and eager to help. Check-in was quick and easy with all the usual information you would require - restaurant, bedrooms, breakfast, bar and hotel itinerary of events.
The rooms and public areas are well cleaned. My room was very well prepared with a luxurious feel. There was an ironing board, iron, tea and coffee and a hairdryer in the room. Basic bathroom essentials - shampoo, body wash and body lotion provided. The bathroom was compact but provided everything including a walk-in shower. Not much of a view, but certainly not a bad view - just trees. I imagine depending on which side of the hotel your room was, you would have either trees or the car park for a view.
The bar area was nice, relaxing and comfortable. A pint of larger and bottled larger approx. £4, usual hotel pricing. The staff were lovely, especially a one of the girls with really long blonde hair. Its till writing this I realised I did not get her name, but she was very professional with a natural relaxed and confident manner.
We did not eat at the hotel for the evening meal but if the breakfast is anything to go by it would have been fabulous. Breakfast was absolutely great. Everything was on offer, juice, cereal, full English, toast, fruit, yoghurt, continental, as well as tea and coffee. We went on a deal and the breakfast was included but it was priced at £10 each.
We could not fault the hotel, quality wise or staff. Would definitely recommend it and would return. Good location for Preston, Skipton, Clithero and Harrogate.

Room Tip: rooms on the left side of the hotel get more sun light.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Sophie_Riches, Hospitality Manager at The BEST WESTERN PLUS Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear geordiemonkeyhanger,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor for your recent stay at Samlesbury Hotel. Your comments were a pleasure to read and I am pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful and that the couldn't fault anything with the Hotel.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel soon.

Sophie Riches
Hospitality Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Samlesbury
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel
#6 of 15 in Preston
Barton Grange Hotel
Barton Grange Hotel
#5 of 15 in Preston

Been to The BEST WESTERN PLUS Samlesbury Hotel? Share your experiences!