“Tasty home cooked chips!”

Huntley's Country Stores
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Samlesbury
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Love the comfy area they now have upstairs. Quality is generally good but food variable in value. Welsh rarebit for example is expensive for one slice of cheese on toast & the ploughman's is disappointing as small portion. However, the chips are perfect!

2  Thank PurpleReviewer

Reviewed 2 July 2014

went on sunday on way to a show 6 of us order taken not to buzzy at the time we ordered tea coffees came but waited over 25 mins for meals drinks cold by this time would not like to go when full

2  Thank christine r
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Brilliant ice cream , very reasonable price and delicious flavours , service good and staff friendly , if your driving past definately worth stopping , would like to come back and try the food at some point .

3  Thank Mzakmr
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Well I never usually leave reviews but after reading the previous review I had to comment. I used to be a regular at the food hall but stopped shopping here after a visit into the florist. The people who ran 'stems' were the rudest bunch of people i've ever met! I finally decided to re-visit and was pleasantly surprised to see a new flower/plant shop was there. I love how the new shop looks and the new owner was lovely, gave me all sorts of advice about my plants. I went on to have my lunch in the restaurant and got my meat from the butchers so one happy customer has returned to Huntleys!! :-)))

3  Thank charlotte c
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I visited Huntleys restaurant this month and had a very enjoyable visit. The food was lovely although the portions could be slightly larger and better value for money. The gentleman that was serving us, Darren, was extremely helpful and attentive. He couldn't have done any more to help us and make sure we had an enjoyable time. I did notice a few staff wandering around and surely not making the best use of their time when there were things that needed doing however if I am right in thinking that Darren is the assistant manager I'm sure these little things could be ironed out under his guidance in no time. This is a lovely place to visit and have a wander around for a couple of hours and we will definitely visit again.

The only thing I would mention that put me off is the new florist, she is quite curt and rude and put me off wanting to visit the florists and make a purchase from there again.

Overall a big thumbs up for Darren.

2  Thank EdDwM