“Cosy pub, beautiful food, friendly staff!”
Review of The Triangle Inn

The Triangle Inn
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Rhayader
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We went here on a Wednesday night. It's a tiny little pub but lovely and cosy and great atmosphere for a relaxed meal or drink. The staff were very friendly. There were 4 of us adults and our 1 year old son. The food took a little longer than expected to come but when it did it was worth the wait! We all had the lamb shank which came in minty gravy and we had mash and veg and it was delicious and beautifully cooked. The beer was okay aswell and Chardonnay was very nice. Car park just a few seconds walk round the back and you can see the river outside which was lovely. Had a really nice time. Would definately come back.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Good food at fair prices. Friendly service & nice atmosphere.The pub is situated next to the river Wye & has a very nice outlook. What more would you want?

Reviewed 11 August 2014

On a daytrip to the Elan valley we stopped for lunch at the Triangle because of the good reviews we read here. Whilst the staff were friendly and efficient the whole place needs a good clean and some fresh paint. I ordered fish cakes which were pretty much inedible they were greasy, sloppy and appeared to contain virtually no fish I could not eat them and could not recommend this pub to anyone. They did offer to replace them but there would be no point as my partner was eating her choice. They did not charge me for the fishcakes and explained they are like that because we cook them in the oven" Amazing!

Paul C, Owner at The Triangle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you Adrian h for your review of Sunday lunch at the triangle inn. I am so sorry again that you didn't enjoy your Fishcakes, as you said we did all we could to make that right but that wasn't for you. We do oven bake them not deep fry so the texture is softer if they were deep fried they would be greasy. If you had eaten them I'm sure you would have found plenty of smoked haddock in them . The triangle is cleaned every morning and during the day where necessary and we are very proud of our grade 5 hygiene rating I'm sorry you thought the whole place needs a good clean if you would like to contact me personally with what you saw I can rectify it I'm sure. Yes I'd love to give the place a lick of paint but I don't think it's that desperate it's a tricky job to do when you are a small business open 7 days a week but perhaps we could look at it in the winter. I hope your partner enjoyed her meal you didn't say about that... and as said we did try to replace your meal and then refund without any question I think a 1 star is a bit harsh who knows ?

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Long wait for our food, which was good when it arrived. The pub was full of people eating. Nice atmosphere. However with 2 hungry kids and 1 hungry grandmother, it was a long wait.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Although a busy little place, didnt have to wait too long. 9 of us on our table yet food came out at same time and was delicious! Was our son's 12th birthday and they brought out his cake and candles and the whole restaurant sang to.him.was.fab! Best bit- they let us eat his cake for our pudding at the table! Lovely service. Thanks!