We stayed here using a Living Social deal for two nights B&B and one evening meal for two.
On arrival we were able to park right outside the hotel but in a one hour only parking bay.
I asked about parking in the hotel`s rear car park but unfortunately found it had three cars parked there already so was full.
As we arrived on a Saturday evening we weren`t bothered about the traffic wardens, but beware he was on patrol first thing Monday morning and spent all day patrolling the High Street.
So if you need to park on the street, park away from the hotel, there is no restriction further down East Street by the Fire Station, or wait for a chance gap and squeeze into the back car park.
The hotel staff are very friendly and really helpful and the food in the bistro was excellent.
I had the sirloin and my wife had the lamb shank.
But and it`s a big but, the hotel is right on the busy road crossroads of the A470 and the A44 through the town.
So there is constant traffic noise from heavy lorries and farm vehicles all day from around six in the morning until late at night.
Also you can hear the staff, customers and the TV in the bar below from just after 7am until after 11pm when the bar closes.
The smokers also tend to stand chatting just outside the entrance door, which was directly under our bedroom windows.
While quite cosy and warm with fairly new carpet and IKEA furniture the floor of our room was certainly not level and a bit creaky and the floor above also creaked every time the guests upstairs moved.
You can hear the Sanflo type waste systems in the other rooms whenever the toilets, baths or sinks are being used.
The hot water supply was poor, we tried to fill the bath but gave up half way through when the water turned cold again and the hot tap for the sink only ever gave us warm water.
So to sum up, eat and drink here by all means as the food is great but don't expect a good night's sleep, so either find somewhere else to stay or use earplugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ty Morgans is situated in the centre of the Beautiful market town of Rhayader. This brand new development has all its rooms individually designed by an interior designer and has recently been awarded its 4 star status. We have our own Strand Bistro, Morgans Evening Restaurant and Coffee/Sandwich Shop. Rhayader makes a location for touring mid wales with the stunning Elan Valley Dams and the beautiful Wye Valley ideal for walking, cycling, birdwatching and fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Ty Morgan's Bar-Bistro-Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty Morgan`s Bar-Bistro-Rooms Hotel Rhayader
- Ty Morgan's Bar-Bistro-Rooms Rhayader, Wales