We stayed here for a couple of nights and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
As we travel by motorbike whenever we can parking is rarely an issue for us, so the warnings we've read about the lack of parking in Rhayader didn't put us off. In the end we parked behind the pub where there are a couple of spaces for the use of guests.
After arriving we were shown to the room we were dreading after reading the reviews on here. That is the one directly above the bar and entrance. We expected it as we had left it late when booking. In the end we needn't have worried as we never noticed any issues with noise or smoke despite having the windows open due the the great warm weather.
The room was very nice but the bed had a really annoying squeak and it must be said it wasn't the best bed I'd ever slept in. It struck me as being from the budget range of beds and is the reason for only awarding a very good rather than an excellent. In the end the squeak was getting to me so much that I effected a, no doubt temporary, repair by cutting a short length of pull cord from the broken window blind and wrapping it between the squeaky bits of metal! Please change the bed Ty Morgan!
The biggest problem with the room was the temperature in the bathroom. This was due to a towel rail that couldn't be switched off unless you pulled the fuse on the spur. You can guess what comes next.......
We decided to eat in the bistro after reading the good reviews but, while it was ok, there was no real wow factor. Nice but not exceptional.
Breakfast however, was exceptional, so maybe the chef was holding something back the previous evening in the bistro.
The staff were all very welcoming and pleasant as was everyone in Rhayader who we spoke to. They are all a great advert for the area.
In fact the whole area was a bit of a hidden gem for us as there is so much to see and do from the great walking and biking, whether bicycle or motor, to fantastic places to visit such as the Red Kite Centre.
And not forgetting the 10 pubs in the town itself.
A little tip is that Rhayader is pronounced Raider according to a very helpful local who had only had a couple of lunch time whiskies!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ty Morgans is situated in the centre of the Beautiful market town of Rhayader. This brand new development has all its rooms individually designed by an interior designer and has recently been awarded its 4 star status. We have our own Strand Bistro, Morgans Evening Restaurant and Coffee/Sandwich Shop. Rhayader makes a location for touring mid wales with the stunning Elan Valley Dams and the beautiful Wye Valley ideal for walking, cycling, birdwatching and fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LateRooms, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ty Morgan's Bar-Bistro-Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty Morgan`s Bar-Bistro-Rooms Hotel Rhayader
- Ty Morgan's Bar-Bistro-Rooms Rhayader, Wales