“Great Chinese”

Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Just been to The Dragon Inn. We have visited this place many times and never been disappointed. The food is really tasty and good produce used. Staff friendly. Will keep going back.

308Alun308, Manager at The Dragon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Margret,
Thank you for your most kind review. We do our very best in providing tasty foods in a friendly atmosphere. We thank you for your ongoing support and look forward to being of service to you again soon. Regards, Alun 01462 440989

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having read glowing reports, and looking for a good Chinese takeaway, we drove across town to the Dragon Inn. It was early evening, so the restaurant was empty. We gave our order, and had a friendly chat with the proprietor. Food arrived in due course, and off we went home.

Good portions - no complaints there, but, sorry to say, the food was bland and very ordinary. My chicken curry was definitely on the green side, and lacking much flavour. My partner's Szechuan chicken tasted like a sweet and sour sauce with a few chillies thrown in at the last minute.

Perhaps our expectations had been raised too high, but we were disappointed, and won't be retuning in a hurry.

308Alun308, Manager at The Dragon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your take-away order. We understand that people have different preferences when it comes to flavourings as we get requests to either be heavy or light with chillies. We would like to make up to you so please call us with details of your previous order and I will see what I can offer you. Regards, Alun 01462 440989

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have been to this Chinese restaurant on several occasions and it never disappoints. The staff are so friendly, going out of their way to help you, ensuring you feel welcome at the Dragon Inn. Their was a wide variety on the menu and it was not at all greasy; instead their food is so delicious, hot and full of flavour! A perfect Chinese!

I have been to a fair few Chinese restaurants/takeaways in the area, however I believe this restaurant definitely surpasses other local restaurants, mainly due to the friendly ambience.

Highly recommended and highly tasty!

2  Thank Cathleen E
308Alun308, Manager at The Dragon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for your most kind review. We do our best in providing good quality food with a friendly ambience to our customers. It is also highly rewarding to receive such positive feedback from our customers that make our efforts and hard work worthwhile. Thank you for your support and we hope to be of service to you again soon.

With Kind Regards,
Alun
01262 440989

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We came here for my dads 50th birthday and we were not disappointed. It was my first time here yet my parents have been before and they had said I wouldn't be disappointed...they weren't wrong..the food was lovely. Best chinese I've had. So much variety and everything was hot and fresh and full of flavour. Staff were brilliant and I can't wait to come back again.
5 star and i would recommend this to anyone who loves chinese food.

2  Thank Laura E
308Alun308, Manager at The Dragon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you Laura for your positive feedback. I'm so pleased that you and your family enjoyed the evening with us and most importantly the food that were served. Thanks for choosing The Dragon Inn to celebrate your Dad's very special Birthday! Best Regards to you and your family, Alun. 01462 440989

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This Saturday we ate at the Dragon Inn, this wasn't our first time here, in fact we have been here many times. Restaurants need to give an experience that keeps you coming back time and time again and here at The Dragon Inn Alun has it down to a tee! Firstly the surroundings are beautiful, the restaurant itself is somewhat unassuming but don't let that put you off. With some restaurants it can be all fur coat and no knickers but that certainly isn't the case here! We always receive a warm greeting from Alun, If you've not met Alun before it's worth a visit to The Dragon Inn just to meet him! He greets us as if we are old friends and every time he is armed with a new Magic trick. The food here is delicious and very generous portions. It is well cooked and not greasy as is the case at some Chinese restaurants. All ingredients are fresh and tasty. This is all topped off by being very reasonable. We eat until we are full but yet are not left with a feeling of guilt or over bloated. If you're in Hitchin and you're looking for a decent meal with great service and magic then The Dragon Inn is the place you're looking for!

3  Thank SRT86
308Alun308, Manager at The Dragon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Ahh...... thank you so much SRT86 for your most kind review. We rely on the support of our valued customers like yourselves to stay open and I thoroughly enjoyed sharing my magic tricks with you guys on your evening night out. Thank you for choosing The Dragon Inn to be your venue and I hope to have more tricks for you at your next visit!

With Kindest Regards,