The Boot Inn Kimpton
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hitchin
See available hotels
The Node(Codicote)
View Hotel
The Lodge Welwyn(Welwyn Garden City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Brocket Hall(Welwyn Garden City)
View Hotel
All reviewsdelicious sunday roastthe pubfull english breakfastmotorcyclingmate
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Today I went to the kimpton may festival and (as my sister was hungry) we all ate at the boot inn. The bbq food was amazing and everyone enjoyed it. Also there, was entertainment. As everything else, it was excellent.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank the_triplove
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wifes' birthday fell on a Saturday and as we were going to a brass concert being held in Kimpton Village church on that day I thought it would be a good idea to combine it with an evening meal locally so, I booked a meal at The Boot. We had had quite a large lunch so we didn't require a large dinner, how fortunate because we were not to get one. The menu was more of the bar snack type. I had a kashun chicken breast and the wife had egg, ham and chips. I used to serve this type of home cooked meals and the chicken butterfly breasts were precooked and frozen. I received what appeared to be a half portion which was soggy and appeared to have been defrosted and cooked in a microwave, it would have been better grilled, my salad the type you buy in bags at a supermarket was dry and wilting. The wife enjoyed her meal although the ham was one piece 1/4 inch thick and not very fresh. She had a panna cotto for a sweet and this was frozen in the middle, she would not complain and insisted I didn't. I had a good large glass of pinonoire wine for £4.90, total meal was £26.30. Initially we were the only people in the reastaurant at 8pm but three others came in and had a steak baguette! Because of this I wandered what took so long in us being served, perhaps the chicken defrosted natually? The landlady was away and it showed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EnglandFattyarbuckle
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Was made to feel very welcome when we stayed on are recent visit to The Boot. Food was great home cooked food, no small portions here good sized well worth the cost. My husband had freshed carved ham it looked lovely. All food cooked from scratch by the chef what more could you ask for these days
We stayed in room 1 it was very clean, loads of room will be returning again in the near furture.
The Boot is a friendly small pub non of this modern gasto pub its traditional village pub. The Landlord & lady are warm friendly and nothing was to much trouble.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Arrived to find out that the room was available but that there would be no breakfast. Barman said that it wasn't a big deal as there was a shop down the road that opened at 6 a.m.! I was under the impression that when I book B & B, B & B is what I should get! Excuse was that they couldn't get anyone to work that morning. This probably translated to - as you are our only guest it isn't economical for us to get someone to do breakfast. A simple phone call alerting me to that fact and giving me the option o bring my own breakfast would have been helpful, but no. Rooms are OK but I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 27 October 2011

What a delightful little English Village. We stayed in this Pub ( It has 5 one bedroomed lodges out back ) as we were visiting friends in the village. Excellent!! very crisp clean and fresh rooms. Rates very cheap which included a full English breakfast served in a large Conservatory. Good sized bathroom with new shower. Our front door opened onto the courtyard ( ideal for any smokers to nip outside) TV reception poor in the morning but I managed to tune into freeview in the evening. I would willingly stay there again even just for a peacefull weekend and just wander around this lovely village with its little village shop.

Room Tip: The sun shone more on numbers 3, 4 and 5 - 1 and 2 were shaded by trees.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends