Stayed two nights in room 3 with my partner. The room was spacious, and I slept on one of the comfiest beds I have ever rested my head on, AAAAAAHHHHHH. Décor was in keeping with the age of the place, but some of it a little worn and tired looking, valance on the bed was faded and the shower was abysmal, very hit and miss, or should I say hot, cold then scolding!! Needs to be replaced, not fit for purpose. That said, the bathroom was nice and clean. The ceiling in the bedroom had great big cobwebs in places, they had obviously been there a while, head housekeeper should perhaps look up when doing checks.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night, I was served the most DELICIOUS steak &kidney pudding ever to pass my lips, it was DEVINE, hats off to the Chef!! Whilst eating we did notice that the chandelier above our heads was interwoven with a mass of cobwebs, we laughed and suggested to each other at the same time, "House keeper should look up!"
All staff were polite and accommodating. Public areas were very homely, big comfy sofas and roaring fires. Overall our stay was pleasant enough, just slightly tainted by the afore mentioned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redcoats Farmhouse is a magnificent building, parts of which date back to 1480, with delightful gardens set in rolling Hertfordshire countryside. Our restaurant has been awarded an AA rosette for 8-year running. All of our rooms feature:- Freeview televisions & DVD players (with DVDs available to borrow)- Hot chocolate, tea and freshly ground coffee making facilities- ‘The White Company’ bath and body products- Bath robes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Redcoats Farmhouse Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redcoats Farmhouse Hotel And Restaurant
- Redcoats Farmhouse Hotel & Restaurant Hitchin, Hertfordshire