If you're after a super modern hotel experience, you're going to be disappointed. If, however, you are after great service, really very good food and the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in, then you will love this place. My wife took me to Redcoates for a birthday night away, and it was simply lovely.
This is very definitely a family home that has been proudly turned into a hotel. From sitting next to the open fire, through to the service, it shines through that the owners want to make sure you're happy and comfortable. The food is excellent, and the little touches like brilliantly crisp cotton bed linen, rather nice toiletries and a small decanter of sherry for a pre dinner drink just take the whole experience to the next level.
Loved the place, and look forward to returning for more restful nights, to be gently woken by the sound of geese gently murmuring a few fields away...because that's about all you will hear. Amazingly quiet and peaceful. Batteries recharged!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Farmhouse at Redcoats is a magnificent building, parts of which date back to 1480, with delightful gardens set in rolling Hertfordshire countryside and belongs to a local award-winning hospitality group (Anglian Country Inns). Our kitchen aims to deliver an artisan menu focusing on local, seasonal fresh produce and ‘farm to fork’ dining and our restaurant will provide you with a high quality dining experience in a casual environment. All of our rooms are en-suite and feature free WiFi, TV and tea & coffee tray. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Farmhouse at Redcoats reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Redcoats Farmhouse Hotel And Restaurant
- The Farmhouse At Redcoats Hitchin, Hertfordshire