“Lovely Thai Food here”
Review of The Guru - CLOSED

The Guru
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A unique restaurant that offers the exciting flavours of both Indian and Thai cuisine to diners eating in as well as via takeaway
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was very impressed with the sizzling steak... No word of a lie, people pay £30/40 for this in London. It was absolutely gorgeous and highly recommended. The staff even offered us a free drink before we left! Lovely food!

3  Thank Slabysupreme

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love the Guru, I am certainly a regular my partner and I always think it is a good choice when out in Hitchin, my last visit was Monday Bank holiday just gone, this time I introduced my friend to the Guru. The Thai food was great as always. Pad Thai is my favourite dish.
Food is amazing as is the service.

2  Thank Poppyxx67
Reviewed 10 May 2014

On a Saturday evening, my partner and I really fancied a Thai. We went to 2 Thai restaurants in Hitchin before stumbling across The Guru - from the outside we weren't too impressed, namely because there is scaffolding up. Inside it was quiet and we did not know what to expect. But we were greeted by friendly, welcoming staff and received fabulous service throughout our visit, even offered a free drink before our departure. We ate starters and mains which were scrumptious. The cost of the meal was more than reasonable! No complaints. Will visit again and certainly use for Takeaways :)
Two very happy customers.

1  Thank Stacey M
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I suspect with The Guru it depends on the chef on the night - the service can be a bit hit and miss as can the food - we have eaten in here some nights when the food has been amazing but had takeaways that have been pretty average.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Not impressed with the food,very dry rice,chicken korma just about acceptable,and other half waiting 20 mins for ice did not impress me at all and waiter was reminded TWICE! Could do MUCH BETTER,service needs A BETTER planning,just about passable,i would NOT write home about this,COULD DO BETTER!