“Gem right on the doorstep...”
Review of Al Verde

Al Verde
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Carshalton
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Having wandered past here on many occasions I had looked in finally and seen the trip advisor logo. After reading the reviews and being fairly taken by how positive they were we decided to try it. Glad we did! The restaurant is roomy clean and inviting - much as was Joe who introduced himself (good touch - makes you feel welcome). Friendly service and an unobtrusive approach so you feel relaxed - spot on. Prices are very reasonable and good sized portions - and very tasty and beautifully presented. This comes across as a place that cares about it's customers and is passionate about it's food. Well worth a visit - I'll certainly be going back - loved the ravioli and the portion of rosemary chicken I nicked from the missus. There are a number of dishes here I want to sample - Fish, pasta, pizza, meat, salad - there's something for whatever you fancy. Excellent.

2  Thank James K

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Went out last night for a meal to celebrate my birthday and decided to see what was on offer locally. Most places round here just chuck out pre-prepared ping (micro-waved) food of questionable quality but Al Verde was a revelation. A shared starter of salami(s) and hams with various garnishes was simply, but beautifully presented. My Rossini steak rare was superb - one of the best steaks I have ever had! My wife loved the swordfish. The desserts were originally conceived and the wine list, though small was interesting and very reasonably priced. Service was a delight. Difficult to say any more, just a great place - we'll be back soon.

1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This is our local restaurant. As a family we treat ourselves every now and then to a meal here. No complaints. Food and drinks excellent and good value for money. There always seem to be a lot of regulars that eat here. People seem to know each other. Staff are very friendly and accommodating.

2  Thank Joan M
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent service, Friendly staff treating you like you had been going there for years making sure that you were having an enjoyable evening with nothing being too much trouble. Food was excellent and extremely good price and a great selection. Would advise anyone in the local area to go and make your own judgement but you will not be disappointed. I myself will definately be going again

2  Thank Donna B
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Al Verde is our local restaurant and a wonderful place to visit. Is advisable to book as they can get quite full. Joe is lovely and always makes you feel welcome without being intrusive. We had a 3 course meal with a bottle of wine and believe this worked out round the 50 quid mark which I think was very reasonable.
Goes without saying that we'll be back :)

1  Thank Karen B
JoePaini, Owner at Al Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

I really love a good review so thank you so much for helping other see us as a great restaurant, hopefully see you again soon, Joe x