“Pleasantly surprised”

The Greyhound Carshalton Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carshalton
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Admittedly I didn't look into this hotel before booking as I was staying in the area for a friend's birthday party and she arranged the hotel accommodation, but I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

I stayed at the Greyhound Hotel with a friend and we shared a twin room. The room was a decent size with all the conveniences we needed. Beds were particularly comfortable with lovely thick duvets and pillows - we didn't want to get up! Shower pressure was extremely powerful...potentially too powerful but I'd rather it that way than have no pressure.

We didn't have much to do with the staff but when we did they were pleasant and helpful and service was speedy.

Our rate included breakfast which included a cooked breakfast of your choice (just to be aware, there is no specific veggie option aside from picking tomatoes, mushrooms etc) and danish pastries, cereal, fruit etc. A really good selection.

Overall a really pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vicki411

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Met friend for sandwich lunch .... Delicious sandwiches. Then visited family nearby and back to stay overnight. A lovely spacious room. Good breakfast too.
Our 3rd stay here and will be back next month.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Frances1997
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband and I went to a New Year's Eve party in Carshalton and did not want to drive home to West Sussex after drinking and dancing. We booked in to The Greyhound as it was only a short walk to and from from the venue, and we left our car in the hotel car park. The en suite double room was spacious and comfortable. The bed and mattress were very good and the bedding was exceptionally comfy. Full English breakfast next morning was very nice and plenty of choice. The staff were efficient and pleasant. We will stay there again if we need a stop over.

1  Thank Jacqueline T
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Had a fantastic meal at the GreyHound Restaurant. Went in for a Sunday Roast and wasn't disappointed.
Superb service.
The pork belly was almost perfect and the side accompaniments were well cooked too.
Enjoyed the ambiance too. Good crowd.
On the whole will recommend it and would visit again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Our 2nd stay, so we were pleased to stay and this time it did not dissapoint.
Friendky staff, comfortable room, good food and friendly historical pub.
For a visit to London city also perfect a 5 minute walk to the station and a 20 minute trainride takes you straight into Victoria station or Balham where you can take the Northern line tube to the city.
We also were told that this year all the rooms will have a make-over, so it can only get better.
Forgot to mention the large and safe free parking!

1  Thank Toneij
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My partner and I decided to visit this pub for a pub lunch, we regularly travel to sutton to visit family, and thought we would try the food. Don't think I will come again, the pub seemed walm and cosy but when we entered I felt the staff where rude and not bothered to help us. It is not clear when u walk in whether you find a table yourself or someone takes u to a table. When we asked a member of staff behind the bar they where rude and blunt. Once finally being told we could sit wherever we sat down to read the menu. My partner enjoyed the breakfast but I felt the burger was bland Nd overcooked. My partner is employed by youngs so we used his pay slip for discount. Overall I feel that we where an inconvenience to be their and won't be returning.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I booked a table for my husbands birthday for a group of friends. We waited almost an hour and a half before any food arrived - by which time one of our friends had to leave because her children were falling asleep.
The food which arrived was awful. One of the fish dishes was cold and undercooked, two other fish dishes were overcooked to the point of being so crisped up that it was impossible to eat with a knife and fork.
The beef 'fillet' was chewy and arrived with just a few chips and a mushroom.
The overall bill was almost £200 for 6 people which was just a main course each.
This is our local restaurant but I would never eat here again and will advise friends in the village of the poor quality.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank backchat2
Meirion P, General Manager at The Greyhound Carshalton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear valued guest

I would like to apologies for the poor service and quality issues you and your birthday party encountered when you last visited the Greyhound, if at all possible I would be grateful if you could take the time to contact me on 0208 647 1511 so I can discuss the matter in person.

Kind regards

Meirion Perring

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carshalton
Holiday Inn London Sutton
Hilton London Croydon
Hilton London Croydon
#10 of 24 in Croydon
Best Western Plus London Croydon Aparthotel
Coulsdon Manor & Golf Club
Travelodge London Wimbledon Morden
Hallmark Hotel London Croydon Aerodrome

Been to The Greyhound Carshalton Hotel? Share your experiences!