The Greyhound Carshalton Hotel
US$61
  • Breakfast included
US$66
Travelodge
All reviewsthe pubanne mariebay windowoverlooking the pondcentral londonhuge bedbreakfast was excellentsunday lunchfull englishon arrivalfantastic hotelcooked breakfaststayed for nightsroom was spaciousstaff were attentivehotel is situatedtea and coffee
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have stayed at the Greyhound several times but never again after this visit. We ate in the restaurant one evening and the meal was very poor. I had steak which was thin and fatty and the fish my guest had was full of bones and tasteless. She also ordered a vegetable side which consisted of some hard bits of swede and a couple of mange tout and was clearly frozen (£2.95). Breakfast next morning was a disaster. No fruit salad so I opted for smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and toast. Toast has to be done by yourself but no bread on show. The waitress got the bread which by the time it was ready the eggs are cold. Then no butter! This arrives and is so cold it is impossible to spread so decided to forego breakfast next morning. Not worth the bother. The noise from the music in the hotel on Saturday night was dreadful and the bathroom extractor fan was out of action so bathroom was in poor state of decoration, On checking out I was asked if everything was ok but the receptionist was not interested when I told her so clearly this hotel does not have to bother whether their guests are satisfied or not. The hotel is in lovely spot and the young waitress on Friday evening was lovely but apart from that it was an experience we will not be repeating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank moonstone45
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Booked hotel from Canada. Could not get Internet to work so called Inn directly, booking taken by very helpfull staff. Stayed for three nights all staff were great.Wait staff in dining room and pub were great. Breakfast was something else, asked for Smoked Haddock and was served superbly prepared fish wit a poached on top. Accomodation was very nice, room vert comfortsble. Have recommended that any of my friends or family visiting area to stay at the Greyhound.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Been staying here every year for the past 3 years and just can't fault the place staff are so friendly rooms are clean and tidy the hotel is ideal for travelling into london I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

On trying to book over phone was told they had no rooms. Thought this odd as when I'd checked website there were doubles and twins free. Went back on line and managed to reserve a double no problem. Called back asked what was going on. Girl said she thought I'd meant a double and they only had twins. I pointed out I hadn't specified, and in any case I had successfully booked a double. She got very flustered, said she thought id meant a different saturday. All very odd. Anyway on checking in we had further confusion with which room we were in. Eventually got key, got to room only to find it hadn't been serviced from previous guests stay! Bear in mind this was at 5pm. Lots of apologies and given another room. Room was fine, bathroom in need of repaint. Bathroom extractor was broken and wouldn't switch off so had noise of that all night. Told receptionist on checking out; no apology. Breakfast was ok. A rather cramped buffet. Nice sausages but all a bit tepid. Bread was a case of help yourself from bag, not best presentation! Not nice having to walk through smoking area to get to bedrooms. Definitely felt post saturday night pub grubbiness. Lots of staff who were quite pleasant but all very young and lacking a bit of polish and direction. Overall we found it ok, good location and not too pricey at £95 but not sure we'd rush back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Meirion P, General Manager at The Greyhound Carshalton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

I am very sorry for the confusion when trying to book a room at the Greyhound Hotel last week, this must have been very frustrating for you, looking into what went on at the time, a delay between a previous booking canceling and your enquiry crossed at the same time, this adding availability to online bookings after your enquiry, I have introduced a one room hold back safeguard policy after reading your feedback and I thank you for this. The hotel bathrooms are due to be re-decorated in the near future, again thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations, I am more than happy to have a chat with you over the telephone, my telephone is 0208 6471511, it is not our intentions to upset guests and on behalf of my team we are all very sorry. It is not acceptable as a guest staying in my hotel to experience the level of service that you experienced we are all very sorry.

Kind regards

Meirion Perrng

Reviewed 26 May 2014

A one night stay at the beginning of May 2014. Ideal location as we were attending a show in Wallington. Friendly check in and clean comfortable and modern room. Bar food was very good, but we sadly slept in and missed breakfast due to over indulgence the night before!!!!. Price was a bit on the high side but it was a Bank Holiday if that should make a difference??

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RussB61

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience with us, please remember next time you visit !!! have breakfast in bed!!!

Kind Regards