We stopped on Sat 3rd May for one night. the hotel looks nice and has a lovely beer garden. Our room was number 5(rooms are around the beer garden). The room itself was okay and very comfortable. Couple of problems though.Somebody had built a dressing table so high that it was level with the existing double plug socket. They provided 1 3 pin adapter so that we could use 1 plug. The other socket was useless as nothing could be plugged in(apart from kettle&the bottom connection of plug did not look too good). I cant believe that whoever built this was not brought to book or simply re do it. Its plain idiotic. Plugs are a essential thing in the room. we could only use 1 thing at a time. There were lights outside room and curtains did not really close enough light out at night.The bed itself was lovely and comfy tho,great night sleep. We had 1 drink in the bar but its more of an eating place.Did not feel like could relax in the bar area,very stuffy. Also bar staff seem to serve people who look the type to eat and drink there 1st. Wearing a KISS t-shirt and having long hair,I felt that I was not the type of clientele they were after. Also bar staff were polish I think,and it took 3 times for him to understand what I wanted.
Last thing.if hotel recommend a taxi to Market Bosworth,check fare before going. We got taxi and it cost nearly £9 for a 2 mile drive. Disgraceful price. We had a nice walk back to hotel on the night,took around 1 hour. Lovely walk though down deserted country lane.
Breakfast was okay,but 1 rasher of bacon is seriously stingy.
enjoyed a nice day & night away with my wife,but more so for it just being a break,few beers,meal in Bosworth,comfy bed and shopping in Hinkley + nice weather.
Worth a visit is the car boot sale on A47 to Leicester on a Sunday morning.Around 10 minute drive.
Nice break but would not stop here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Arms Restaurant and Hotel, A place which surpasses any traditional definition. We are nestled on the Leicestershire - Warwickshire border, situated in beautiful rural setting very close to where the historical Battle of Bosworth took place and within a convenient distance to Twycross Zoo, The Ashby Canal, Bosworth Park and for race fans - Mallory Park race track. We are a renowned 4 star rated restaurant and inn with 18 rustically decorated en-suite bedrooms in our stand-alone barn style accommodation adjacent to the main building. The backdrop of idyllic rolling countryside makes The Royal Arms perfect for a romantic getaway, business stop over, your wedding reception, many a celebration and team building days and a whole host of events. We have excellent private dining and conference facilities, and a purpose built barn with adjacent marquees for weddings and banqueting. Be it a visit for business or pleasure you will be offered a warm and genuine welcome in this home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LateRooms, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Arms Restaurant And Hotel
- The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel Sutton Cheney, Warwickshire
- Royal Arms Sutton Cheney