We stayed here one Sunday evening at the May Day Bank Holiday on a Groupon Deal. It was the first weekend of my husband's retirement and I just wanted it to start right for him. When I rang to book it I thought it was a little strange that they close down totally on an Sunday evening. They did explain this to me when I booked that the Bar and restaurant would be closed from about 5pm after they had served Sunday lunches. Nevertheless I decided to go ahead with my booking as I had discovered that there was a particularly good restaurant in the same village which was within walking distance called Hercules Revived (which was excellent).
We arrived to check in about 3pm as i was concerned about what happened if you got there after 5! I need not have worried. We were greeted with a welcoming smile and dealt with very efficiently. Part of our deal was a glass of bubbly each so we decided to partake of this immediately.
We then checked into our room. This is in like a courtyard design with a nice lawned area with tables in the centre. The room was very comfortable and big enough for a couple of nights stay. The linens and towels were nice quality and the room was very clean. The staff that we came across all seemed very friendly. The full english breakfast the following morning was very good although the coffee was not very warm and we did ask for a new pot to be put on.
All in all we had a very nice stay and would have liked to have sampled their evening meal but if you want to dine there don't book in on a Sunday evening. Our friends and us agreed that we had really enjoyed it and we would return some day and stay overnight again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Arms Restaurant and Hotel, A place which surpasses any traditional definition. We are nestled on the Leicestershire - Warwickshire border, situated in beautiful rural setting very close to where the historical Battle of Bosworth took place and within a convenient distance to Twycross Zoo, The Ashby Canal, Bosworth Park and for race fans - Mallory Park race track. We are a renowned 4 star rated restaurant and inn with 18 rustically decorated en-suite bedrooms in our stand-alone barn style accommodation adjacent to the main building. The backdrop of idyllic rolling countryside makes The Royal Arms perfect for a romantic getaway, business stop over, your wedding reception, many a celebration and team building days and a whole host of events. We have excellent private dining and conference facilities, and a purpose built barn with adjacent marquees for weddings and banqueting. Be it a visit for business or pleasure you will be offered a warm and genuine welcome in this home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Arms Restaurant And Hotel
- The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel Sutton Cheney, Warwickshire
- Royal Arms Sutton Cheney