When we booked in, the registration desk was in the restaurant without much room to move. A waitress said 'Yes?' with not a hint of a smile. We asked to register and she called to a colleague 'Can you see to this person?' Her colleague did not come. After leaving us for a while the first waitress eventually gave us her attention. She showed us to our room still without a word or smile of welcome.
The room was a four poster suite. Clean, roomy and attractive with a pleasant view into the distance over a cornfield. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. There was no bedside table or light on my wife's side of the bed.
Our breakfast was full English. I am vegetarian and the menu offered 'vegetarian sausage', admittedly on a sticker that was half torn out. However, there weren't any, but there was everything else - hot, plentiful and tasty. The service was prompt and courteous.
Checkout elicited a pleasant smile and 'have a nice day!'
Overall, ignoring the initial welcome, we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Arms Restaurant and Hotel, A place which surpasses any traditional definition. We are nestled on the Leicestershire - Warwickshire border, situated in beautiful rural setting very close to where the historical Battle of Bosworth took place and within a convenient distance to Twycross Zoo, The Ashby Canal, Bosworth Park and for race fans - Mallory Park race track. We are a renowned 4 star rated restaurant and inn with 18 rustically decorated en-suite bedrooms in our stand-alone barn style accommodation adjacent to the main building. The backdrop of idyllic rolling countryside makes The Royal Arms perfect for a romantic getaway, business stop over, your wedding reception, many a celebration and team building days and a whole host of events. We have excellent private dining and conference facilities, and a purpose built barn with adjacent marquees for weddings and banqueting. Be it a visit for business or pleasure you will be offered a warm and genuine welcome in this home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Arms Restaurant And Hotel
- The Royal Arms Restaurant & Hotel Sutton Cheney, Warwickshire
- Royal Arms Sutton Cheney